14. Babydoll.

Mera yeh dil lalchaye

Jab tu mere paas aaye

Khwabon ke yeh sheher mein

Tu hai mera falsafa

Kiara's POV:

"Sir, your van is ready." A crew member informed Shubman and he stood up from his chair, where he was initially sitting talking to the director. I looked up at him and he forwarded his hand out to me. 

"Budget badh gaya finally, huh?" He teased the old man, sitting on the side, along with the director. 

"Nah, teri fees kam kar di." The man smirked, and Shubman rolled his eyes at him.

I will never understand this guy, I guess. He just rolled his eyes when he was told his fees has been reduced. When on the other hand, I would have thrown a fit or something, if that ever happened to me.

"Main chala fir ghar." Shubman said turning back, and taking a few steps. Okay, so he isn't leaving that.

He then led me to a hallway that had a few rooms on either sides, and then out in an open ground. I followed him to a simple, white, small bus that was made into a vanity van for the artists. He put the key in the door lock and pushed the door open, backing away and making way for me to get in first. I climbed the two steps and got in the stationary vehicle, made into a small living room kinda space.

There was a couch at one side, that could be made into a bed for a single person to relax in. In front of it was a electric massage chair and two small speakers on either sides of it, that seemed aesthetic. And then there was a bathroom and a makeup room. 

Shubman picked up the remote, turning the AC on as it was a bit hot in here. While I went to air freshener kept near the door, to turn it on.

"Kiara, no. Wa.." Shubman began to say but too late. I had already pressed the button on it and in a split second, black smoke burst out of it, making both of us cough. 

Shubman opened the door, and all the windows on the way, taking me to the bathroom. I screamed as I saw my face in the mirror. My face and neck were all black, and Shubman gave me an apologetic look.

"I'm so sorry." He said as I rubbed my face to remove the black colour. 

"You knew?" I asked, surprised.

"No, but Ananya and I pull such pranks on each other, and so I always check everything, before touching it." He admitted, with a sympathetic look. 

"But you know what? I'm gonna go, scold her for this right now." He was going to walk out, I guess, when my phone started ringing in his pocket. Yeah, I'd given my phone to him to keep in his pocket as I wasn't carrying my purse. I looked at him and he looked back at me, his eyebrow raising slightly, as if asking if he should answer it. I nodded, going back to rub my neck with water and saw him answering the phone and keeping it on speaker for me to talk.

"Hello, Babydoll." I choked on my saliva, and saw Shubman's eyes widen as we both heard the guy's voice. It was a call from an unknown number so I didn't know who it was and neither could I recognise the voice.

"W.. who is it?" I asked, meekly, my anxiety crawling back to me.

"Oh, come on, Babydoll. You don't recognise me now?" He chuckled, with his deep voice and my throat went dry. I was scared to hell, to say the least, and I just wanted to kick him in the ass for calling me that again.

I picked up a paper towel, wiping my face, and taking my phone from his hand, I sat down on the closed toilet seat. I held the phone close to my mouth, with my shaking hands, cause I knew I was slowly losing it. Shubman gestured me saying "I'll be out". But I held his hand, requesting him to stay.