she thinks im pretty?

Lena's pov;
Two weeks at Catco. Yesterday was really good. But what- or who facinated me the most was the one and only Kara Danvers. She's sweet and intelligent and quite interesting. She always has something to talk about- to talk to me about. Anyway, I was in my office reading over reports and noticed Kara. She must've noticed me looking or something and started walking over. "Hey, Lena did you need something?" She asked and I came up with something. "Ah- no. I mean yes, how's your story coming along?" I made something up. "Oh! It's actually going well." She said sitting down. I noticed her staring at me with her amazing blue eyes.

"Kara? You okay?" I asked calmly. "Uh- a- yeah. You're just- pretty. Really pretty." She said and I blushed. "I think you're pretty too." I said smiling. "You think i'm pretty? I mean not many people think that, or at least say it. To my face." She said. " Well I actually think you're beautiful. And who wouldn't think that? It's impossible. You are so beautiful." I slipped out and looked into her eyes, her returning the look.

"Well- I- Lena. Would you like to uh- come to game night, with me and my friends? You know like James, Winn, my sister Alex, and her girlfriend." She asked me. "I- I don't know, wouldn't it be awkward with me there. Being you, James, and Winn's boss. I think i'd just get in the way." I said hoping she'd push more and change my mind. "Why would you get in the way? C'mon! You can be my partner." She said and i was sold. "Okay fine. But we have to win!" I exclaimed. "Oh don't worry we will." Kara said smiling and walking away. "Kara?" I said before she walked out. "Yeah?" She asked. "I think you're my new favorite person." I said. I meant it too. "I think you're mine too." She said blushing.

Kara's pov;

So, i had managed to ask Lena to game night without losing my shit. I don't know, i'm just extremely nervous around her. And i get this weird feeling in my stomach and- i- i don't know. It's nothing. It is. I think.
Anyway me, Alex, and Maggie were here waiting for everyone to arrive. Winn said he was coming alone but I overheard James talking to Lena about catching a ride with her or something but I think she said no. I mean it's not like their dating, it's Lena's third week here. They couldn't possibly have anything going on. And why am i even making this my business? It's not. "Uhh, Kara? You okay there?" Alex said snapping me out of my thoughts. "Babe I think she's broken." Maggie said sarcastically. "Um? You sure a superhero can be "broken", I don't think so." I exclaimed. "Well you were like- in space or something. What are you thinking about so- thoroughly." Alex asked suspiciously. "Well- i- it's-" I got cut of by knocking at the door. I was hoping it was Lena. I walked over to open it. And there she was. The most beautiful stunning woman i've ever seen. "Hi Lena. You can come in." I said leading her in. "This is my sister Alex, and her girlfriend Maggie." I exclaimed. "Hey!" Maggie and Alex said in sync. "Hi! It's really nice to meet you guys." Lena says reaching her hand out. Then Alex's phone starts to ring. "Oh! I'm sorry I have to take this." She said and I swore I heard a faint 'it's jhonn.' I knew that'd be bad because if he needed me on something i'd have to leave Lena here. Then I heard Alex come back. "Kara- Um James just uh- called and said his tires f- flat. He needs your help." She said and I knew that I had to head to the DEO. "Lena i'm so sorry- i- i have to go." I said rushing out the door. I felt terrible for just leaving her there but someone needed help, and I was supergirl.

Lena's pov;

I told Alex and Maggie that i'd just leave and catch them later. I was extremely upset. Alex and Kara lied to me in front of my face. Kara went off to go do something that I obviously don't know about and if she doesn't trust me then we shouldn't even be friends. I know because James doesn't even have a car he takes the train or walks. I mean we've only been friends for a short amount of time so im exaggerating? I don't know but i'm upset and I think i'm just going to distance myself from Kara.

The next morning :

I woke up feeling without purpose and with dispair. I said i'd distance myself from Kara last night. Which now I realize I cannot do! She makes my entire day. If I can't see her my will suck.

I started getting ready for work. I picked out a red tight dress that showed cleavage. Not sure why, it's not like I was trying to impress someone?

Kara's pov;

When I walked into Catco I headed straight to Lena's office to try and explain last night. I wasn't going to tell ehr I was supergirl but I atleast had to say sorry. I walked into her office contemplating whether I should do this or not. It could make things bad. "Hi Lena, I just wanted to say i'm so-" She cut me off. "Ms. Danvers? Yes. I want you to write an article about the puppy convention going on at the mall. Thank you, goodbye." She said. Was she really mad? I thought Alex's lie worked? "Lena, was it something I d-" She cut me off again. "Was it something you did? Do you think i'm like my brother, Kara? Or my mother. Because those are the type of people you lie to, but i'm not. You're keeping secrets from me, James doesn't even have a car. And could you please go check the mall out and write that article?" She said looking back down at her paper. I knew i had to fucking tell her. I couldn't have her ignore me forever. "Lena. I have something to tell you." I said. "What Kara? What could you possibly have to say." She said and I took my glasses off and took my hair down. "I'm supergirl. And I know you're going to hate me for keeping this from you. But I needed to tell you, I needed you to know you can trust me, always." I said nervous of her reaction. "You- you're- you're supergirl? Well now I can't be mad at you, you were out saving the world." She said. "But you should be, I should've told you from the start." I said. "No, no Kara this is something big. And you were probably trying to protect me. It's okay, I was in the wrong you don't have to tell me everything. We've only known each other for two weeks. I'm sorry." Lena said sincerely. "It's okay, it's okay." I said. "Also, you don't have to write that puppy article. I was just being rude, I was upset. But I want to make it up to you. Dinner at 5 tomorrow?" She said. "You mean- like a da- I mean yeah sure. Yeah- y- i'll be there." I said timidly. "Okay then." She said and I walked out. Lena wants to have dinner with me? I mean as friends of course, duh what else would it be.

I stayed up all night thinking about Lena. I felt something for her. Different than you'd feel about a "new friend." Whatever it was I should ignore it, cause she doesn't feel the same way if I think I know what i'm feeling or whatever.