CHAPTER 15

~ All Hallows' Eve ~
_________________

Halloween was finally commencing at Hogwarts. It was a Sunday, and the last day of their holidays, meaning mall students were returning if they'd gone home. Unfortunately, this was bad for two reasons: one, this meant that there would be more people going to the Halloween party, and two, the next day was their first day back after half term, so getting drunk would mean a shitty first day back.

Everything was pretty much in order for the party that night, but Lily still wanted to make sure. Her and Remus were sat on the little table in the corner, ticking things off their lists, whilst the others sat on the sofas relaxing and  chatting.

"Drinks and cups?" Lily asked.

"Check," Remus replied robotically.

"Food and snacks?"

"Check, Alice and I sorted that one."

"Information for the other houses?"

"Distributed."

"Password for them and the other schools?"

Remus scrunched his face at this one, "ehh you might wanna talk to James about that one."

Lily yelled over to the people chilling in the middle of the room, "Oi Potter!"

James swivelled round, confused, "Hello?"

"Did you sort the password for the party? For the other students?" She asked.

"Uhh," James paused to contemplate what the answer. On one hand he could tell the truth and Lily could sort it out. On the other hand, he could lie, fix it himself, and she wouldn't be mad at him. It was a tough decision.

"Yep!" He replied quickly, smiling at her.

Lily sighed in relief, "oh thank god, brilliant."

James turned back round, and faced Sirius, "shit."

❂ ❂ ❂

"Prongs-" Sirius laughed loudly in James face, not able to make it past the first word of his sentence.

"Ha ha ha, alright laugh it up," James folded his arms in annoyance, "you know if you spent less time laughing, we could figure this out faster."

Sirius stood up and tried to stop laughing, but didn't succeed in wiping a wide smirk off his face, "oh my dear Jamesy, what on earth are you gonna do?"

"You mean we?" James replied in alarm.

Sirius put his arms up in defence, "hey, don't drag me down with your mistakes. I want no credit for whatever this is."

"But you will help me?" James asked nervously.

"Course! What are incredibly intelligent, wonderfully talented, and not to mention exceptionally gorgeous, friends there for," Sirius grinned, and then put a serious face on.

"Now tell me exactly what the problem is," he stared at James as he turned to detective mode.

"Uhh, well I sort of told the Fat Lady that students from the other schools were coming to the party and so we'd be giving them a password to the dorm and letting them in, and she basically said no and had a fit," James explained simply.