CHAPTER 1

~ The Beginning of the Year ~
________________________

"For the last time, Potter," the red head was infuriated now, he'd been irritating her everyday since the start of the year, "no! No, I do not want to sit with you, no I do not want to walk round Hogsmede with you, no I do not want to watch your quidditch match, and no I definitely do not want to go out with you!"

❂ ❂ ❂

It was the first day of Hogwarts, once more. September 2nd 1976, and students had started to flood Platform 9 and 3/4. Owls, cats, toads and other curious creatures wandered around the train and station exploring or looking for their owners.

Obscured to most, 4 boys hid mischievously behind their carts with their luggage stacked strategically around them.

"Right," one of the boys said, he had messy black hair, gentle brown eyes yet a commanding tone which made him seem like a leader, "I say for our first prank during the feast, we turn all the Slytherins food into something disgusting like... haggis! Or... pineapple pizza!"

"Inspired my friend," his friend placed a hand on his shoulder, his leather jacket moving with him, swiping his shoulder length, black hair backwards, "how about we also turn their benches into jelly or something as well."

A less enthusiastic boy, with light brown hair and an old brown jumper on, rolled his eyes and spoke up, "and how exactly are you planning on doing all of this?"

The boys both shrugged, as though it didn't matter that they didn't know how to do it, they just sort of would.

"Well we were hoping you would help us with that," the leader said simply.

The final to speak up was a particularly timid boy, small for his age and looking out of place in this outgoing group, "my mum says we should try to stay out of trouble this year - she doesn't want me getting a bad record."

"Wormtail, how many times have I told you: Hogwarts don't show detention records!" The rebellious looking one told him, mumbling quietly, "only suspensions and expulsions, but that's beside the point."

"So, Moony, will you help?" The light haired boy winced uncertainly and scrunched his mouth. The messy haired boy pouted and continued, "pretty please."

The other boy joined in, "pretty please with a cherry on top."

"Urgh," he sighed, "I'll think about it."

"Yay!" They high fived and all stood up, moving their carts to make an entrance.

"Potter! Black! Lupin! Pettigrew! What on earth are you still doing here?" The platform attendant looked angry and shocked at them. It's not normal for an attendant to know the name of students they see a few times every year but it's quite difficult to forget these certain boys.

"Well we were just waiting for the train, you know, as we do every year," Black shrugged casually, smiling sweetly at the attendant.

"The train is leaving in 2 minutes! And you haven't even got your luggage on there," he huffed angrily and gestured for them to get on.

The boys pushed their trolleys and grinned at each other, since Christmas of their 1st year, they'd had a special leaving prank in mind for the station attendant. Only 1 more year to wait now.

They boarded the train as stumbled down to their usual compartment. It was free, not by luck, but because people knew that it was their compartment. The marauders. And also because in second year, an unfortunate 1st year sat in there and was greeted with stink bombs and glitter.