11

Jake POV:

I went to her and see what's up.

"Eunbi, Eunbi, is everything okay? What's wrong? Eunbi." I was concerned.

She didn't answer and tried to calm down. I helped her to get up and sit on her bed.

After the call she changed from happy to scared. I didn't want to pressure her with any questions, so I just sat next to her, just to be sure nothing happens to her.

.

She calmed down and felt a bit better.

"If you want to talk to me about it, just do it. You don't need to worry.", I said. She looked at me and showed me her weak smile again.

"Not now..", is all she said, before putting the blanket over her whole body, including her head.

Maybe she needs some time for herself and think about some things. I didn't want to bother her, so I went to sleep too.

.

When I woke up, I saw Eunbi getting ready to go out. "Yah, where are you going?", I asked her curiously.

"I- just..nothing."

She was acting suspicious. So I quickly changed my clothes and went to the lobby. She was there talking to the teacher.

I hid behind man, who was just standing there and using his phone.

"Thank you Mr. Cha!", she said and went out.

I went to Mr. Cha and said, that my parents want to meet me at this time, as an excuse. He let me go.

I followed Eunbi without her noticing. I felt like something bad was going to happen to her. I didn't know where that feeling came from. Maybe it was because of what happened the day before.

After like 15-20 minutes we arrived at a sea. There were absolutely no people, but us and a man with a mask and a cap standing there.

Is she here to talk to him?

Eunbi first hesistated, but then went towards him. I hid behind some bushes near them.

"Are you really that curious about who I am and why I called you there?" the man asked her. "Mhm." is all what she said.

"Mr and Mrs. Kang. Your parents..." he stopped and laughed. "I'm sorry for your loss... Do you remember this place?" she looked down and said "yes."

What place is this? It's just a sea.

"Well, I was honestly happy, hearing that your parents passed away. But then I got the information, that their daughter survived. It made me kind of sad." he stopped talking and continued. "Don't you feel lonely? Or sad? Don't you feel selfish? You survived, your parents didn't. You could've rescue them. Selfish!" he said.

She stared at her shoes. A tear escaped from her eye. She tried to hold herself from crying.

He started laughing again. Then he went one step closer to her and grabbed her by her hair. Then he shouted. " You SHOULD'VE DIED TOO!! JUST DIE! WHY ARE YOU MAKING IT SO HARD FOR ME! I CA-"

I cut him off. I couldn't take this anymore. And I also can't only watch him hurting her. So I left my hiding place and went towards them. I grabbed him by his collar. He stopped hurting her and focused on me.

He laughed and said " Pfft. Her boyfriend? Such a hero." I punched him in his face and we started fighting.

Eunbi who was standing there, was surprised.

After some minutes we stopped fighting and I said "Don't you dare to hurt her again, if you don't want to end up being dead." I said and gave him a death glare.

Then I took Eunbi's hand and we left this place. She was still shocked.

.

When we arrived at the hotel. She took some things from her medicine pack and told me to come. I refused to, because I didn't want to bother her. "We need to heal it. You're hurt. Come on." She said.

When she tried to heal the injury on my lower lip, I cried out, since it hurted.

I looked into her eyes, while she was healing it. She seemed very worried about me.

"I can do the others myself, thank y-you for your help.", I said. She nodded and went to the bathroom to wash her hands.

I was done and gave her the pack and thanked her.

"By the way, if you need someone to talk to, you can talk to me." I said and gave her a smile. She smiled back and nodded.

.

It was 3 a.m. and I wake up, because I heard someone sobbing. I looked over to Eunbi. Who else could it be? It must be Eunbi. I went towards her and looked into her puffy eyes. "Hey Eunbi, what's wrong?", I whispered. She got up and cried. I sat on her bed patted her back. She hugged me tightly. I let her do so.

"Everything is alright. I'm right here. Don't worry.", I comforted her.

"Do you want to tell me your story?"

She nodded and told me about it.