SIX. ghastly

— GHASTLY
season one — episode two

— GHASTLYseason one — episode two

CHAPTER SIX

      WHEN MINJUN AWOKE THE next morning, he felt as if he had slept for years. His eyes literally refused to open, even though the bright rays of the sun were shining directly onto them. He groaned and rolled over so that he was facing away from his window and even covered his face with his hands. Why is it so bright?

      The one thing that caused him to get up was Hae swatting him in his face and basically screaming at him. "Okay. Okay. Damn..." He mumbled, reaching across his bed to reach his phone. 9:06 AM.

      He turned to glare at Hae for waking him up so early. "Really?" Hae only tilted her head and meowed at him. He groaned once again, rubbing his eyes as he sat up. "You're very lucky I love you." Hae jumped off the bed and left the room.

      Minjun got out of his bed, reaching his arms up and stretching. He heard a few pops come from his body before leaving the room, immediately noticing that Hae was waiting patiently by her food bowl.

      He chuckled to himself and walked up to the counter, grabbing some cat food for her. He noticed that it was the last one he had and reminded himself to go shopping later today. "Enjoy, m'lady." She immediately started eating as soon as he put the food in the bowl.

He looked around his cabinets in hopes of finding something to eat, but to be honest, all he had was some crackers and a few bags of chips. He sighed before grabbing a bag of chips, eating them straight out of the bag.

He hummed to himself as he made his way to his living room, setting up his phone on the table to act as a TV since he didn't have one. He scrolled through youtube a bit before settling on watching a random video, as nothing seemed interesting.

As he chewed on his food, Hae ended up crawling into his lap and falling asleep, and he didn't even notice because the video he chose was actually kind of interesting.

A FEW HOURS HAD passed, and Minjun was currently at the store, grabbing foods he needed after checking the price and making sure he could afford it. He pursed his lips when he looked at how expensive the cat food was. He glanced at his shopping basket before placing two cups of ramen back on the shelf, as well as some sodas. He then went back and grabbed the cat food. As long as Hae gets food. He thought.

After that, he walked up to the register, pulling out his wallet. "42,902.64 won, please." The woman smiled softly at Minjun as he pulled out some money, placing it in her hands gently.