FOURTEEN. unfair.

— UNFAIR.
season one — episode eight

CHAPTER FOURTEEN

      THE ONLY PEOPLE THAT remained were the four of them. That's it. No one else had made it this far. It was just Minjun, Sae-byeok, Gihun, and Sangwoo.

      While walking back into the room with probably only four beds left, Minjun started to think about everything that had happened. He was an idiot. What made him think this was such a good idea. He should've just continued his college classes and got a good job that way. A hood job would get him good money. This was a stupid idea.

      However, they were too far into it now. He looked between the four of them and bit his lip. It was wrong. Completely wrong.

      He then looked down at his arm, which had been cut with a piece of glass. It was a deep cut and he would probably have to wrap something around it to keep it from bleeding. However, he wasn't as worried about his arm as he was about Sae-byeok.

      The girl had a slight limp and she was covering her stomach as if she was hiding something. He couldn't help but notice that she was in distress. He was scared for her.

      He had already lost Seulgi. There was no way he was going to lose Sae-byeok too... right?

      He felt tears form when he thought about Seulgi. It was crazy to think that he had grown so close to someone in the span of a few days. She didn't deserve what was coming for her. Not one bit.

      He shook his head and wiped his eyes before anyone could notice he was crying. As soon as he looked up again, they had arrived at the door that lead them into the room of beds.

      Just as Minjun had predicted, there were only four beds now. They were separated quite a bit. Two were on the wall straight ahead of them and two were on the other walls. Minjun took notice that Sae-byeok immediately walked over to her bed, sitting down on it. Her arm remained on her stomach.

      Minjun stayed where he was, sort of close to the door. He watched as Gihun walked towards Sangwoo before grabbing his shoulder. "Why did you do it?" He asked him, referring to when Sangwoo pushed someone, ultimately leading to their death.

      "What are you trying to say?" Sangwoo asked him, seemingly annoyed with Gihun. "Why did you push him?" Gihun persisted, wanting an answer from his childhood friend.

      "You chose the last number out of luck. That makes you feel generous, huh? What if that man ended up holding out like that thug? What would you have done?" Sangwoo asked him, probably thinking that Gihun would've done the same exact thing. However, he was wrong. Gihun wasn't like that.