THREE. horrific

— HORRIFIC
season one — episode one

— HORRIFICseason one — episode one

CHAPTER THREE

AS MINJUN LOOKED AROUND the bright scenery around him, he noticed everything was fake. Probably some of the people with him, too.

"Welcome to the first game." Minjun snapped his neck toward the big doll in the middle of the box they were in. It wasn't a pleasant-looking doll, in his opinion, and he couldn't help but feel like something bad was about to happen.

The girl he had met earlier, Sae-byeok, was standing next to him, somehow already feeling like she could trust the boy. "All players, please wait a moment on the field." Minjun shifted on his feet, looking at all the people that were on the field. A lot of people.

"Let me repeat. All players, please wait a moment on the field." Minjun turned towards Sae-byeok. "Is it just me, or does something feel wrong here?"

She looked back at him, leaning her head down just a bit. "It's not just you." She admitted, her voice barely audible. Thankfully, Minjun had good hearing.

      Suddenly, the big green doors behind them slammed shut, causing Minjun to turn around and stare at them for just a moment. Minjun and Sae-byeok shared a glance, the same feeling coursing through their veins.

      "The first game is Red light, Green light." Minjun furrowed his eyebrows but wasn't too surprised. When he had observed his surrounding in the building, he noticed how colorful and child-like everything was, so he guessed that they were going to be playing children's games.

      "Min, do they mean the game we played as kids?" The girl beside him asked. Minjun was a bit shocked at the nickname but didn't say anything. It just didn't seem like her to give people nicknames. He shook off the feeling and nodded his head. "Yeah, I think so."

      "You can move forward while the tagger shouts, 'Green light, red light.'If your movement is detected afterward, you will be eliminated. Let me repeat. You can move forward while the tagger shouts 'Green light, red light.' If your movement is detected afterward, you will be eliminated."

      Minjun felt as if something was off with the word they chose. Eliminated. Something was wrong. "Those who cross the finish line without getting caught in five minutes pass this round."

      "Five minutes..." Minjun muttered under his breath. "Sae-byeok, run slowly at first, then pick up your pace as time goes on," Minjun told her. The girl nodded her head. "Then let the game begin."