Chapter 5

Jennie's POV:

Monday, November 3, 2020, 9:45 am KST

Lisa spent the night at my house the next day, we watched a lot of movies and talked a lot about our lives these last few years. She went back to her hotel on Sunday afternoon.

It is Monday morning, I just got up and got ready to go to work. Today we had a meeting with the board members. I called my driver to drive me to the company. On the way there we dropped Ella at school, I noticed she looked a bit down this morning so I made a mental note to check up with her later, Mom dropped her back here yesterday after Lisa left.

When I arrived I went to my office, while I was taking off the jacket that I had put on this morning because it started to get a little chilly out, Lisa's voice startled me into almost falling into the coat rack "Hey, I got-careful there, Sorry did I scare you?" She said as she caught me by my waist and pulled me closer to her.

"You okay?" She asked once I was stable enough to stand on my own, I nodded not trusting my voice because she still had her hand around my waist and her face was extremely close to mine, to the point I could smell the maple syrup she probably ate for breakfast.

She didn't seem to notice the space between us or the lack of it, or maybe she did but did not care although I did notice her eyes travelling my body and stoping a beat too long on my cleavage, I wore a normal black lady suit that was unbuttoned, under I had a red lace undershirt that dipped pretty low and highlighted my cleavage pretty well, I had my hair in a ponytail and I paired it with black Louis Vuitton stilettoes, she recovers quickly and presents a Starbucks cup "I got you a drink for energy before the meeting" Lisa said nonchalantly as if my heart wasn't about to jump out of my chest.

Did she just check me out?

"Thanks" I mumbled once she handed me a Venti cup of Starbucks coffee, she smiled and moved back two steps, thank god, she was still fairly close but not to the point I could smell her scent, Sad for my heart but happy for my sanity.

I widened my eyes once I tasted what was inside the cup "Caramel brulé latte?" I questioned wide-eyed, "Uhh" she scratches the back of her neck with a blush "I wasn't sure If you still liked the same thing as before so I got Tzuyu to tell me your usual order," She answered, I furrowed my brows.

"WHO'S TZUYU?" I spit while glaring at her, no matter how much I tried to hide the jealousy in my voice I failed miserably, I watched as Lisa's eyes sparkled with amusement and mild fear, of course, she knew I was jealous but at this moment I don't really care. Who's that bitch and why was Lisa talking to her.

All competition must be eliminated.

She moved closer to me, she smirked as she ran her thumb through my bottom lip before backing away again, not before whispering lowly "Paws down Kitten" She paused momentarily, "Tzuyu is your assistant's name, you do realize she has a name other than Ms. Choi" I relaxed once I heard her answer, I knew I had no right to be jealous of but I can't help myself, hearing the love of your life speak of an another can make you lose all rational thoughts.

"Well thank you, did you get yourself something? I wouldn't wanna be the only one having my dose of caffeine" I asked trying to change the subject "Oh don't worry about that," She said with a smirk and snatched my cup and took a sip before I had time to ask her what she meant.

"Hey! get your own and leave my latte alone" I pushed her away, she just giggled and took my cup and continued to take small sips while leaning against my desk. I sighed playfully and let out a small laugh.

I hung my coat on the rack, made my way behind my desk and sat in my chair, I froze once her perfume fully registered into my mind, She smelled like a musky, woody yet elegant scent but also sweet like a flower, the scent of sweat after a passionate night of lovemaking, 'Get your head out of the gutter Ruby Jane' I thought as I crossed my legs I felt heat pulse between my tights and warmth pole down on my stomach.