Mikasa Ackerman pt.4 ~13~

The house was much more to his liking now. The place was cleaned head to toe and everything looked like it was as good as new. He was even able to dust the fans and wash the pillows. It basically took the whole day but it was worth it, he even had enough time to clean the basement. It doesn't look as good as the other rooms but it certainly did make it cleaner.

It helped ease his mind about the whole situation. He's thought about telling Hanji his whereabouts but decided that now wasn't the time, it's best if he waits it out.

And besides, he couldn't figure out how to use the old flip phone that Grisha had given him, it had taken him a good ten minutes to call Eren. He got rid of his phone turning off the location and shutting the phone down completely, he couldn't risk being found. After all, there is a chance that someone could track down his last ping. He couldn't take that chance and risk everyone being put in danger.

It was a good thing that he had an old high school friend who happened to work with the police. Levi hadn't spoken to Mike since his wedding day but Hanji had always kept in touch with him, and when she did she would ramble on what he was doing and what he learned. She just so happened to mention how someone could track down your phone just with a ping.

For once her rambling saved his ass. He should probably thank her for that later, well whenever he sees her again that is.

Truth be told he missed her rambling, it was annoying but just having someone stay by his side even after everything was nice. Ever since elementary Hanji had always befriended him, he never understood why she would stay around someone like him. Hanji probably doesn't even realize how much of her company helped him get through those tuff times.

It was weird but he missed her annoyingness sometimes.

He quickly finished the last sip of his tea, they had already run out of the earl grey tea so Levi had to settle for green tea instead. He poured himself another cup when he heard the door open.

"We're home!"

"Welcome back, take off your shoes I'm not cleaning the floor again" Levi walked over to the entrance making sure that neither one of them brought any unwanted dirt.

"Oh my god it's so clean" Both Mikasa and Eren admired and stared at Levi's work, Eren knew very well that Levi was a clean freak but Mikasa had no idea. None of them ever knew that the house could look this clean.

They both took off their shoes and left them on the metal shoe rack. Mikasa dropped off her school belongings on the couch and Eren followed behind her. He sat on the couch playing around with their couch pillows. "Did you know our couch pillows were a slightly lighter shade of grey?"

"We were living in a pigs stein this whole time" She covered her mouth shut. To think that their furniture was this dirty and no one even realized it.

"Our carpet even looks better" Eren exclaimed feeling the carpet underneath his hand.

Mikasa went on her knees gently smoothing the carpet around, the texture of it was so soft and fluffy. "And it's just as fluffy when we were kids"

"That's what happens when your carpet has dents from years of unmoved furniture, and considering that you've had it since you were kids it's probably been worn out losing its fluffy texture"

Levi held his teacup close to his face admiring his work, he was very pleased with himself. He hasn't done this much cleaning in months and quite frankly he needed it.

Mikasa was caught off guard a bit, she didn't expect to come back home with a freshly cleaned house. When Levi turned his back on them Mikasa got up from her knees and rushed over to him. "Thank you, for cleaning the house"