Proud Lion and Greedy Dragon (3)

A portal-like spell appears from the darkness glowing in a scarlet red and engraved in a language both beastmen do not have any knowledge of.

From the dark void of the center of the spell comes a beast:

It resembles that of an arthropod yet much larger and fiendish

It resembles that of an arthropod yet much larger and fiendish. A demonic being summoned from the cries of what was thought to be a simple human.

Fahreal: "What in the-"

Sar: "How-"

The creature rushes towards something, then wrapping its lengthy and jagged body around the Church Grim.

The lion and dragon stood there astonished by the monstrous creature in front of them. The arthropod roars sending shivers down both beastmen's back.

The human runs in from the darkness then screeches to a halt when it reaches his summoned companion.

Quinnii: "Enough Scolopendra! Hayagi!"

Quinnii then extends his arm forward before casting another spell. It radiates a yellow light that outlines the Church Grim that was invisible to Sar and Fahreal. The spell completes its effect as the spirit is revealed.

The hound flails wildly yet it's effort doesn't budge the other beast even a bit.

"Tranqui." The human casts again, a pink aura surrounds the dog, calming it down.

When the Church Grim settled down the human then looks at the arthropodal beast, petting its head and says:

Quinnii: "Thank you Scolopendra, I do apologize for summoning you without any sacrifice in exchange."

Scolopendra nods slightly before laying down the canis and returning to its portal. The portal closes, then the human looks down at the Church Grim, checking for any injuries the beast may have left.

Quinnii then turns to Sar and Fahreal and spoke up, snapping both out from their daze.

Quinnii: "Do you two know of a spell that can cleanse the spirit from any foreign control?"

Sar: "A-ah! Yes, hold on."

The lion kneels down next to Quinnii and the hound. He shuts his eyes and controls his breathing, readying to cast his own incantation.

Sar: "Purgus"

Tbe ground below them shines as a sigil appears: