Gentle Ox (2)

... timeskip ...

"Pardon? So you thought the plant was just an ordinary flower? And what's more confusing is that they allowed you to wander around the outskirts of your kingdom and city!"

Quinnii remarked still dumbfounded by my circumstances.

I scratched my head looking away embarrassed by being scolded by the small human.

Anuki: "I know... But it's for my improvement."

"How so?" Quinnii asked changing his expression from irritation to curiosity.

"Well I don't have anyone in my kingdom to train nor spar with me. Or rather they're too afraid to even lay a hand on me." I said with a hint of mockery in the last statement.

Quinnii: "Why not bargain with the other kingdoms? After all, your faction does have an alliance with the others."

Anuki: "I can't, my parents are too concerned to bring me into another faction's structure. The same goes with the other side."

"Hrm..." Quinnii looked down, wandering on his own thoughts from what I said.

We walked for a while in silence before I broke the ice by changing the subject:

Anuki: "So you've said that you are a servant, but is currently not possessed by a master."

Quinnii looks up, bringing his attention away from his thoughts and into my question.

Quinnii: "Ah yes, to make it simple for you: I still have not found a master that is pleased by my services and hasn't kept me in their shelter permanently."

So he served many... And from the looks of it; some even took advantage of him, and at such young age too... I mused looking at him with pity.

I opened my mouth but retracted.

After some thinking I decided to speak up but was cut off by Quinnii speaking in a more serious tone.

Quinnii: "I understand that you are concerned by my profession. And as sad as this may sound; serving others was all that I had known to survive."

Anuki: "I..."

Quinnii hadn't even lived a normal life for a child...

Anuki: "I-I... I'm sorry. I don't know what else to say..."

...

...

...

Sigh... Great, now you've made this uncomfortable...

But still, despite what he has been through he still lives on...

Kind...

Selfless...

Affectionate...

...

Quinnii...

I'll protect you and do anything to make you happy!

*Quinnii's POV*

It looks like Anuki feels guilty for having me bring up my past.

Maybe we should converse about a different matter...

While I contemplate on what topic to engage, we continue going to Espeirio still quiet from our chat earlier.

Right I'm almost there in the city!

City.

City...