Chapter 14 - Tarnished Union

It was the last day of the tournament. The Empire State had about two more days to prepare for war. This is day one out of two. However, they didn't need more time as all of the soldiers, vehicles, and artillery were ready. All they need is for Y/N to reveal himself at the tournament and make a formal declaration of war.

Y/N was again in the lobby, watching Izuku Midoriya fight against Rias Gremory. This is the last fight before the championship match. He had fought against Ruby Rose earlier. Y/N took a sip of his vodka.

Ruv *on radio*: You know the plan, right?

Y/N: Win the tournament, reveal myself when I win, you declare war. Yeah, I know.

Ruv *on radio*: Good.

Ruv got off the radio. Y/N then got a call from Gura.

Gura *on phone*: A!

Y/N: Hi Gura. How's life goin'?

Gura *on phone*: It's good! Can't wait for you to win the tournament!

Y/N: I'll win, trust me.

Gura *on phone*: You better! Or we're breaking up!

Y/N: Bruh. We've only been a day in and you're breaking up with me?

Gura *on phone*: A. Also Artemis is sleeping right now. How do I get her up?

Y/N: Just airhorn her.

Gura *on phone*: Okay!

Five seconds later an airhorn could be heard.

Artemis *on phone*: I'M UP! I'M UP!

Gura *on phone*: It worked! Thanks Y/N! And remember, win big!

Y/N: I will.

Y/N hung up. All he had to do now was to just kick back, relax, and watch the fight. He took another sip of his vodka.

Timeskip

The fight still was going on. Y/N was getting pretty bored. However, then, suddenly, Y/N felt a dark aura surrounding him, whispering, "you won't survive for long without me, little one." Y/N already knew that this was Salem trying to persuade him to join her forces. Y/N could easily null her out due to his resiliency that he got from his past life. He didn't really give a crap. After a few more seconds, the dark aura cleared.

Y/N mind: You best run, Salem.

The fight was over thanks to a bell. Y/N looked up to find that Rias Gremory had won, and that she would be moving towards the championship match. Everyone, especially her peerage, cheered.

Y/N: Heh. You won't survive a chance against me, Gremory.

Y/N put on his gas mask and Brodie helmet, took out his PTRD-41, and went to fight the championship match.

Announcer: LADIES AND GENTLEMEN! WE ARE WITNESSING THE CHAMPIONSHIP MATCH OF UNION'S THIRD ANNUAL COMBAT TOURNAMENT! THE WINNER GETS ONE MILLION DOLLARS!

Announcer: ONE ONE SIDE, WE HAVE RIAS GREMORY! HERIESS OF THE GREMORY CLAN AND OWNING HER OWN PEERAGE! SHE HAS FOUGHT VALIANTLY AGAINST IZUKU MIDORIYA AND WON TO PARTICIPATE IN THE CHAMPIONSHIP!

Everyone (except Y/N's family and friends) cheered.

Issei: FIGHT WELL!

Akeno: Win this for us!

Gasper: Go! Win this!

Y/N mind: If only the audience knew the truth. They'll know soon enough.

Announcer: ON THE OTHER HAND, WE HAVE THE TRIUMPHANT SOLDIER! WITH HIS INTERESTING ABILITIES AND WEAPON, HE HAS ROSE QUICKLY TO BECOME THE WORTHY OPPONENT RIAS GREMORY DESERVES! GIVE HIM SOME CHEERS, WILL YA?!