CHAPTER 13

Well we discussed little business in that lunch meeting because Onna turned into a comedian and made fun of Mandlakhe the whole time. And silly me, I entertained her. Luckily he doesn’t give up easily, so here we are on another meeting. This time around, it is in my Jo’burg office. He enters my office and we exchange greetings. We then get down to business. Apparently he is suing a company for failed performance and he has all the evidence to prove that they did not keep their end of the bargain.

“Well there has been a breach of contract and therefore I am going to outline remedies which are available for you. I am actually going to charge you double since you demanded me for this case.” He chuckles.

“As long as you win it nje KaMenziwa.” I roll my eyes. I don’t know if he is trying to charm me or what, but it won’t work. I am that 1% of a female specie which is not moved by clan names because I don’t know much about my biological family.

“Since there is incomplete performance in this case, you can refuse performance until the other party has fulfilled their end of the bargain. I would advise that we compile a letter of demand and send it to this company. Should they not respond to it within the set days, then we can carry on to claim the damages and even involve the court. After that we will claim for the damages lost.”

“Thank you for your help, Miss Biyela.” I smile and close my notebook. “Now can I take you out on a date?” I roll my eyes.
“Thanks but no thanks. I don’t mix business with pleasure.” He stands up after collecting his documents.

“We will see about that.” he smiles. “You look lovely as always by the way. Keep your beauty flourishing like this until your surname is Mthombeni.” and with that, he heads out.

Since I am not here for work, I pack my things and then head out. I will definitely compile the letter of demand later.
.
.
LINDELWA NZAMA
The door to my office opens and Ndosi omkhulu walks in with a paper bag. He places it on my table and then sits down and stares at me. I smile nervously at him.

“Hey baba.” He tilts his head to the side.
“You are avoiding me. All of you. So I came here to you, the easy target, to fish out what exactly is going on.” He says in a chilled voice. I start feeling uneasy.

Even back when we were still in varsity, if we had a secret, he would just make sure he corners me because he knows I would spill the beans. Noma being a lawyer that she is, you can never get her to say something and Futhy is just like Noma. They are both conniving.

“Baba you are being unfair right now.” He smirks because he knows he has me right where he wants me. “I don’t know what you want me to say. There is no secret we are hiding from you.” he nods. “No, I feel like my lawyer should be present in this meeting.” He laughs. This old man is very intimidating. I clear my throat and close my eyes. I do some breathing exercises.

“Ready whenever you are Miss.” I huff and open my eyes.
“Noma has a sleepwalking episode 2 nights ago and it was triggered by seeing a young girl who looked exactly like her and had her surname.” I speak so fast, I doubt he heard me, but when I see the look on his face, I know he heard me.

“You are kidding, right?” I shake my head. “And you decided to keep such news from me? My child was sleep walking and you guys decided not to inform me? What were you hoping to achieve?” he stands up and starts pacing up and down. “You would think reaching your thirties would make you a bit mature but you are all still childish. Gosh I don’t know what to do with you.” he clicks his tongue and he heads out. I sigh and exhale loudly.

--NDOSI KNOWS!—

I send the text to both Futhy and Noma. I know they are going to eat me alive but I couldn’t handle Ndosi’s interrogation and they know it. I look at the paper bag, at least he left food for me. I go open it and I frown when I find bottled water only. Wow. Way to go Ndosi. What a spiteful old man.
.
.
NOMA
Yoh Lee can be so weak sometimes and Ndosi knows it, that’s why he always goes to her when he wants the truth. I know it’s only a matter of time before he calls me and tells me to come back home. I will just use the client as an excuse. He wouldn’t have come to me or Futhy because our level of lying and deceiving is on another level. We would probably lie even in our sleep. I think if we were to be kidnapped, it would take a lot for us to break. Anyways I feel like spoiling myself, so I ask my guards to drive me to Noluh’s Boutique. When we get there, we go inside and we are welcomed by a very friendly assistant who keeps stealing glances at Qamatha.

“What can I help you with?” the sales assistant asks.
“I want an evening gown. I am going to a jazz club tonight, so dress me up.”
“Please come this side.” She leads us to a lounge. We sit down. “Please help yourselves to the beverages. Now which colour do you prefer and what shoe size do you wear?”

“I am flexible when it comes to colours and my shoe size is 5.” She nods and then walks out. “Hhaybo Qamatha, what type of umuthi wezintombi do you use? Coz wow.” They all laugh.
“It doesn’t really have to be Iyeza boss. As long as you are clean and dressed properly and smells nice, ladies will always look at you wherever you go.” He responds with a wink.

“You sure are a ladies’ man.” Onna says and he just laughs.
“On the contrary love, I am a one woman man.” he responds with a smile and Onna just blushes.

Ow she has it really bad. But last time I checked, she was single and so is Qamatha. I am not trying to match make or what, but they would really make a cute couple. The sales assistant comes back with three gowns and another is following her with three boxes of shoes. She leads me to a very spacious fitting room where she places the dresses in a hanging place and the shoes in the bench. She heads out and quickly comes back with purses that match the heels.

I take off my clothes and try on the first dress. It’s a dark green crisscross tie front backless sequin maxi dress which I pair with black rhinestone décor stiletto heeled gladiator sandals and a black rhinestone décor chain velvet box bag. I head to the lounge and twirl for everyone before looking at my reflection in the floor to ceiling mirror.

“I am at a loss of words.” Azile says and I laugh.
“Your thoughts, please.”
“Is there an awards ceremony that you are attending which I don’t know about? Because there is no way you would dress up like that because of a date.” Onna says and I chuckle.

“We are going to a jazz club just for fun. Okay, I am going to try on the other two dresses and then you guys will decide at the end.”
“Can you please pose for the camera Miss Biyela?” a photographer out of nowhere says but I pose when I see that he is wearing the stores’ uniform. “Thank you very much. We always do this with our best looking clients so that we can display our clothes around the store.”

“Smart move.” I say and he smiles. I head back to the dressing room and try on the second dress which is a floor length sequins bustier tube dress which I pair with silver crisscross rhinestone décor strappy sandals and a silver allover rhinestone décor chain box bag. I do the whole walk to the lounge and twirling thing. I then try on the third dress which is a gold drapped collar tie back satin cami dress which I pair with white clear rhinestone decor chain cross strap stiletto heeled sandals and a white faux pearls design chain evening bag. I head to the lounge.

“I love this one boss. It has that thing mann.” Onna says and I laugh.
“I love the second one.” Qamatha says.
“And I love the first one.” Azile says. I chuckle, shaking my head.
“Are you guys shitting me right now?”
“We are just being honest boss.” Qamatha responds.
“Okay, I will take all three looks but I have to decide on what to wear this evening.”

“I loved the second one.” A chubby woman who is standing at the entrance of the lounge says. It’s Noluh, the owner of the boutique. “It makes your cleavage pop and you have really nice boobs to just hide them. Let the world see them. The dress fits you like a glove and I love the way it acts like a second skin to you.” I smile while looking at her. I love it when a woman compliments me. It leaves that thing. “I am Noluh by the way.”

“I know exactly who you are and thank you for helping me decide.” I say as we shake hands. “You have a very beautiful store and I think it is going to be my new addiction.”
“Well we aim to please Miss…”
“Biyela, Advocate Nomalanga Biyela.”
“I feel so special right now to have the bulldozer in my store.” We all laugh.

I go and change back to my clothes and before paying for my items, I ask if Onna wants a dress for this evening. She just says she has plan with her siblings. By the way her whole family is based in Gauteng. I pay for my items and then we head out. I am somehow excited about tonight. Who knows? Maybe I might meet a special someone.
.
.
.
#MissThick
#MissChubbySeries