CHAPTER 18

NARRATED

Lele woke up and his whole body was aching. Nonetheless, he went to shower and went downstairs to find his parents eating breakfast. He was a bit mad about the beatings but he had to act cool for him not to get beaten up again. He thought he was too old to get a beating, but I guess age is just a number to Ndosi. He greeted them and they greeted back. Jabuh was feeling a little bad about what had transpired last night but Ndosi couldn’t care less.

“Where is MaNgwenya?” Ndosi asked and Lele raised his head. He cleared his throat.
“She is with her family Magaye.” He answered.
“Tell her to be here in 20 minutes.” He nodded and typed a message on his phone.

“How did you sleep?” Jabuh asked and he looked at him. He could see the remorse on his mother’s face but his father couldn’t care less. In fact he was holding his breath that he doesn’t get a round two of beating because he heard the conversation Ndosi had with Noma last night.

“Better than expected ma. All thanks to sis Noma.” Jabuh nodded and continued drinking her tea.

She always drank tea first thing in the morning before eating her meal because everyone knows how quickly tea becomes cold, and she despises warm tea. It had to be sweltering. Ndosi simply remained silent while finishing his breakfast. He sat and waited for his wife to finish before collecting both of their plates. He threw them in the sink and walked out the door, leaving Jabuh with Lele. He sensed she was about to turn on Lele. That's why he excused himself discreetly.

“I wish I can say I am sorry about the beatings from last night but I can’t because you knew better. There is something your father and I never told any of you. Before I went separate ways with my family, they accepted ilobola from your father but that was the last time we heard of them. As a result, we did umkhehlo and other things at my grandmother’s. Well she passed on a year later. But what I am trying to emphasize here is the importance of honoring a girl’s family even if you have beef with them.” Lele sighed and looked at his mother.

“Don’t you miss them though? Your family?” he asked.
“We are talking about you here, not me.”
“But mah I am asking because I want to know.”

“Sbu a decision had to be made. I had to choose between my family and my child and I would definitely choose Busisiwe or any of you over and over without a single thought. My parents were selfish and only thought about themselves and their image. I would never force you to choose between your parents and your own child. It was insane of them to think I would ship Busisiwe to Ndwedwe and go live with a man who already had his own kids and…” she zipped her mouth when she realized that she was sharing too much information.

Lele’s eyes popped out. It was the first time his mother was sharing a piece of what happened between her and her family. “Mom, look I am sorry.” Jabuh smiled and raised her hand to stop him for talking further.

“I have accepted my reality and learned to live without them and my life has been so peaceful. So let’s not ruin it and don’t breathe a word about this to your siblings.” With that said she stood up and rushed to her bedroom just in time as Ndosi was coming in. he looked at Lele already getting angry.

“I didn’t do anything to her. She just told me something about her past.” He quickly said because the look his father was giving him was intense. Ndosi didn’t say anything. He rushed to his bedroom and found her sitting on the rug and weeping. He knelt in front of her and hugged him.

“Talk to me. What is wrong? You know I hate it when you cry.” He said rubbing her back. She sniffed and stopped crying. “What triggered this my love?” he said removing her from his chest and looking at her. She wiped her tears and looked at the stains her tears left in Ndosi’s chest. He saw what she was looking at and chuckled. “Don’t worry about it. Talk to me dali.”

“My older brother is dead. Ernest. I don’t know whether to attend the funeral or not. I am not even sure if I am welcomed or not. At the end of the day, he was my brother even though he was the one who kept my siblings away from me after the death of my parents.” She looked up to stop the tears from falling again.

“Whatever you decide, just know that I am 110% behind you and I will go wherever you go.” He said kissing her head. “Now let’s go clean you up before your daughter in law arrives and starts thinking I abuse you or something.” Jabu rolled eyes while laughing. They went to the bathroom and she cleaned her face. Ndosi then went to the closet and took off his shirt. As he was searching for a t-shirt, he could feel someone standing behind him, so he turned only to find his wife looking at him with a look full of lust.

“Damn those muscles Siyah.” She said biting her lower lip and Ndosi just laughed.
“Stop eye raping me Jabuh.” He said still laughing. She shrugged as she stepped closer to him.

“As if you don’t like it when I undress you with my eyes.” She said running her hands up and down his exposed abs and chest. He started breathing heavily. “Good to know I still have that effect on you.” she winked at him and rushed out before he could do anything.

“I will get you for that.” he shouted and she just laughed.
.
.
“So that sums up the whole story.” Lele said as he sat back watching his parents digest what he and Thobeka just told them. Ndosi sighed and also sat back.

“How sure are you that you are safe and that this Thuthu guy won’t bring harm to you?” Jabuh asked with concern.
“Mah I am a musician who is always surrounded by guards, so nothing is going to happen to me and Thobeka.”

“No offence but I am not worried about her because I know she is more than capable of keeping herself safe and alive. So what were you guys hoping to achieve with this? When were you going to tell us about this absurd marriage?” Lele scratched his head.

“In time mama. We were going to gather up the courage to come talk to you.” he said while rubbing his hands together.
“Before we do anything, we need to deal with this Thuthu character.” Ndosi said. They wanted to correct him by saying Tholz but they knew that he would eat them alive. “Tell your manager to cancel any of your upcoming gigs for the next two weeks. You are not leaving Durban until this whole mess is sorted.”

“But baba…”
“I didn’t say it was up for discussion.” He said with a stern tone and Lele looked down in defeat.
.
.
FUTHY
I am so angry at Kuhle for impregnating him and I am mostly angry at his super sperms for dishing yet another set of twins or whatever in my womb. But I am going to show him flames once I have solved this Lele problem. Right now I am meeting up with Zenzo. If there is anyone I know who can help me, it’s definitely him because he is a former gangster, so he knows these things. He walks into my office and greets me. He then settles down on the chair across me.

“Would you like something to drink?” I ask.
“A glass of water would be great. I just had a full meal, so I am good.” I nod and head to the bar fridge. I retrieve bottled water and pour it in a glass. I hand it to him. “Thank you.” I nod and sit down.

“Do you know someone who goes by the name of Tholumusa Mavimbela?” he frowns and places the glass on the table.
“Straight to the point, I like it. Anyways I know Tholz. Why are you asking?”
“He is being a pest in my family and I would gather enough evidence to put him to jail but I know a man like that can’t be contained by a prison. So I need someone to permanently silence him.”

“You do know that I am no longer a gangster Princess Melamina.”
“I know but gangsterism will never leave your blood. So are you going to do this tiny task for me?” he keeps quiet and stares at me for a long time. He then sighs and takes another sip of his water.
“Can this never reach my wife’s ears?”

“Of course, it also won’t reach my husband’s ears because God knows what he would do if he were to find out about me calling a hit on somebody.” He nods and stands up.

“I will update you.” I nod and he walks to the door but turns as he is about to open it. “Sis Futhy can this be the first and last time you request something like this from me or any person for that matter? It doesn’t suit you. It’s good that you are willing to do anything to keep your family safe but next time can it not be a death sentence and just keep things clean?” I sigh and nod.

“You have my word.” He looks at me one more time and heads out. I exhale loudly and sit back. I am definitely going to hell.
.
.
.
#MissThick
#MissChubbySeries