9.

Opening your eyes slowly as you adjusted to the light you saw what looked like a crowd surrounding you. And when you came to your senses you felt mass amounts of Charka entering you. And when your vision cleared it a appeared that Sakura was healing you. You tried to sit up struggling and she noticed and her eyes widened and she flung her arms around you.

"Y/n! Your finally awake!" She said smiling. You smiled back "what exactly happened and how long have I been out for?" You asked fully sitting up with the help of her.

"Well you see that damn akatsuki created a clone without us knowing and it knocked you out cold. But not to worry it hasn't been so long and you haven't missed much. But we did get the kazekage back!" She said pointing over your shoulder.

You followed her finger and saw the red haired man already gazing at you.

'It's her.The girl from that night.' Gaara thought taking in your features

You blushed 'oh no this is embarrassing....." you thought trying to avoid his strong gaze he had on you.

'Why did she run that night? I guess her gentle aura and appearance made me forget that some people still see me as a monster. I am foolish to believe that she wouldn't.'Gaara thought as he looked to the ground blankly as allways.

"Welcome back......Gaara.." Naruto smiled with a hand on his shoulder. His eyes widened. The person he admired and was greatful to was finally in front of him.

"Naruto....." this was all he could spit out

(Again I don't exactly remember what was said at this part but ima just rewrite it my way anyway lol 😆)

He looked all around him and saw everyone from his village was surrounding them and cheering. Gaara was in shock.' These people really do care about me.' He thought before getting help of his feet by naruto.

As that was happening you also stood up as the whole village started walking back to there home. You began to follow when kakashi approached you leaning on guy for support. "Kakashi what happened? "

"I used my new sharingan so it taken a toll on my chakra but I assure you I'm fine" he said smiling from behind his mask. "But enough talk about me. You have an important request from the hokage " he said grabbing your full attention.

" she has given you an important mission. You are to stay in the sand village for the next few months and be a personal body guard for the kazekage" he finished

"HUH?!?! ME?!?" You shouted in shock
'This can't be happening right?! As soon as I finally got to return to the leaf village. The village I wanted to call my new home. I get sent away! Even worse sent away and constantly near someone I've embarrassed myself in front of?!'

"Don't worry I'll make sure to come and visit you often . But y/n you need to understand how important this will be for the sand village. They are short on skilled shinobi to guard the kazekage. And with what happened just moments ago... I think you should now why he needs a skilled guard."

Guy nodded and gave me a thumbs up " I agree with my rival here! This will also help you to gain the hokages trust!"

'This man is way to energetic for what has just happened'

You sighed and gave in. Of course you knew what this could mean for the two villages and there trust in each other. But you dreaded what the kazekage already thought about you.

But you couldn't help but wonder about the old man's mission. Could this have been it......?