17.

"YOUR GETTING MARRIED?!!!"

You cringed at the loud voice that came from behind. Turing around you see a very annoyed but very out of breath Kakashi.

"K-kakashi??! What are you doing here !" You asked very confused on his surprise visit. You had been out around the markets looking for some fresh air after the events that had occurred the night before...

"WELL! LAST NIGHT I HAD A MESSAGE THAT YOU HAD GOTTEN ENGAGED?!!! I RAN HERE AS SOON AS I FOUND OUT!" He exclaimed and fell to the floor panting for breath.

"Kakashi! Come on you idiot let's go home" you helped him up and put his arm over your shoulders Leading him back to your house.

Once you arrived kakashi there himself onto your sofa whilst you made him a glass of water. You walked over and sat at the edge of the sofa and handed him the glass.

"Thanks" he said and chugged down the water getting out a breath of relief. He sat up and looked down at his feet.

"Y/n... why didn't you think to run this past me? You know the whole engagement thing." He said continuing to look at his feet.

"Kakashi.. I'm sorry I didn't  even know Gaara had feelings for me at all until last night! I-I'm still not sure if what I'm doing is right to be completely honest..." you said with a frown

He looked up and his face saddened looking at yours.

"Come" he said opening his arms wide for you.
You smiled and accepted his embrace.

"Y/n. Whatever you decide to do just know.. that the leaf village still welcomes you." He said and you hugged him tighter.

"I know. I'm not sure I know what I want right now.." you said pulling away from the hug.

"On one hand I would love to stay here and be with Gaara! I mean he is the man I've began to... I think... fall in love with.. and then on this hand.. I want to return to the leaf village.. with you and naruto and Sakura!" You said holding your hands together

He frowned and placed a hand on your shoulder comfortingly.

"Your a strong woman now y/n. I know you will find what is best for you.." he said smiling behind his black mask.

You smiled back and nodded.

"Thank you Kakashi" 

"Now if you don't mind y/n. I think this is going to be my bed for the rest of the day.." he said yawning clearly tired from running all night long...

You giggled at his tired state and moved from the sofa.

———————————————————————————

"I feel like I've rushed y/n into this situation uncomfortably fast..."

Gaara and Temari were sat in his office signing paper work silently until Gaara broke the comfortable silence...

Temari looked up worriedly at her brother.
"Gaara..."

"I think I'm going to ask the elders to reconsider a longer amount of time for me to get married" he said sighing

"Gaara! Look.. y/n likes you very much. Maybe your right that you've both rushed into this whole thing but a longe r amount of time won't do anything!" Temari said desperate to have her brother and best friend happily married.

"No Temari. Your wrong. Before last night, we and y/n weren't even sure if we loved each other... I'm not sure we still fully do... I believe that we need more time to adjust to this new relationship..."
Gaara said with a serious face

Temari sighed "I guess so..."

———————————————————————————

Some time had passed and you happened to be bored. To cure this boredom you decided to make Kakashi some ramen for when he woke.

Soon enough you had finished preparing the meal and put it in the microwave for when he woke. As soon as you closed the door to the microwave wave, there was a knock on the door.

"Coming!" You shouted startling Kakashi awake.

"Oh kakashi! I just made you some ramen it's in the microwave!"

"Oh uh thank you" he said standing up

You arrived at the door to see a red haired fiancé of yours.

"Gaara.." you said smiling

"Y/n... you mind if we talk... privately.." he said as he saw Kakashi walking towards the door.

"Of course" you said and closed the door behind you and followed Gaara.

You both silently walked around the village Enjoying the sunshine and each other's company.

"Y/n. I feel as if this isn't going to work..." he broke the silence.

"W-what do you mean.....?" You said confused and slightly upset.

"What...? No! No. Not us in a relationship I mean... if we rush into this and get married before we really get the chance to date.." he explained looking at his feet.

You sighed of relief and nodded.

"I-I agree!"

"However, before we can truly date y/n... I want you to return to the leaf village... go for a month. I want you to know if this life with me is truly what you want. Or if it is in the leaf village" He said taking your hand in his.

"Really? You want me to do that....? And be away from you..." you frowned at the thought.

He nodded. "This way we have time to think about if we should truly marry or not"

You stayed silent for a while before nodding.

"I'll do it. I'll do it for you Gaara...."