Chapter 1: The Begining

*It started three years ago.*

Three years ago, you were a normal teenage girl just entering your freshman year in high school. The year started out slow because you had no idea of the high school life nor did you have many people you knew. Within the first month, though, you had open up your shell and made some friends. By the end of the year, you knew and were friends with the whole entire freshman class. Your life was great and you had great friends to hang out with during the summer. Unfortunately, that happiness did not last long. After a month of summer had went by was when all hell broke lose. You were watching tv when an emergency alert flashed on the screen that stated that there was a virus leaked into the population that turned people into zombies. You started to panic. Your mom heard the commotion and told you to gather all of the water bottles, wood, nails, batteries, and anything else you think that you needed. You did so as your mother went to find the gun, sword, and bow and arrows you had in your basement. You had a nice bow but it was for younger kids. You could hit a bulls eye from a mile away so that would come in handy. Eventually, you and your mother gathered everything you needed into the living room. Your mom told you to keep strong. You had enough food to last for a long time so that was not an issue. Since everything was prepared, you and your mother went along your daily business but with a lot more caution. After about a month of careful watch, it finally got to the breaking point. Everyone in the neighborhood was infected except you, your mother, and, surprisingly, your school which was only 2 blocks away. By this time, you had already barricaded the windows and doors. Thankfully, your house was on a hill so zombies could not climb up to your door. You and your mom lasted for a while always hearing gunshots and yelling as people fought from their homes and in the streets. Unfortunately, life was still running its course and that also included regular old viruses and colds. But because of the epidemic, it made everything 10x as worse. And because of that, your mom was not doing well. She was violently ill and running an outrageous fever. You knew she wouldn't last long and so did she. That why she told you to either shoot her and kill her or have the neighbor do it. Being the person that you are, you refused to shoot her and had to go get your neighbor. You neighbor took your mother into their own home and did the deed. They put her body in a flowery sheet and buried her. You of course had to defend yourself on your own. Your neighbors watched out for you but you remained secluded in your home crying yourself to sleep each night. This lasted for about a month before you started to let it go a focus on the task at hand. Surviving till the bitter end.