Chapter Two | Radical Tributes

President Coin wasn't exactly thrilled with how Quinn handled things during her chat with Coin. But she said that she could work with it. The plan hadn't been brought up to Orion quite yet, Quinn wasn't going to be called a traitor and neither was Orion. They would go into the Capitol, they would try to calm things down as much as possible. But only until they could find the person to lead the rebellion. They would stay there too, until they could get him or her to Thirteen. Each games they would choose a Radical Favourite as Coin called them. She said that labelling Quinn the Rebel Tribute and Victor had been a good move for the cause. But this tribute would only be known to Thirteen and Quinn along with Orion.

Then from the Capitol, Quinn and Orion would help that tribute in the arena as much as possible. In this case, that was Katniss Everdeen. Quinn couldn't see someone better fit for the job of leading a rebellion.

Quinn was a Orphan from Four, and she practically flipped Panem on it's head. Katniss was a poor girl from Twelve who volunteered for her sister. She could do just as much to Panem as Quinn, if not more.

It had been two days since the chat with Snow, and Quinn had finally been told to tell Orion about the plan. She had decided to just say it, she wasn't one to always sugarcoat things. If she did, he'd probably know something was wrong. So Quinn waited outside the compartment door, rehearsing what she would say over and over again in her head.

After a few seconds though, the door to Orion's compartment slid open. Revealing Orion in the grey uniform that everyone wore.

"There's no training today," he stated.

"Like you would know, you've barely gone," she replied. "Besides...that's not why I came to talk to you."

"Did you just miss me?" he asked, smirking a little bit.

Quinn rolled her eyes as she stepped into the small compartment. "Seriously," she paused, fumbling with the grey hem on her sleeve. "It's about your grandpa, when he spoke with me..." she drifted off, it already wasn't going the way she had been hoping it would. "I had to make a deal," she said after a moment. "But Command thought of a plan-- well, Coin thought of a plan. And really, it'll be easy. It's just a bunch of acting and helping District Twelve in the games."

Orion raised a eyebrow sharply as he crossed his arms and seated himself on his table. "What plan?"

"Your grandfather said if I didn't agree, he'd send in hovercrafts and bomb Thirteen. Thirteen is built to take a lot of hits, but not everything." she explained briefly, "We need to go back to the Capitol-"

"No." Orion shook his head as soon as the words left her mouth. "I'm not going back there, it took me long enough to get out."

She sighed, "I get that, I don't want to either. But we just have to...calm things down in the Districts. Tell them that the fight isn't worth it-- make them think that there's nothing they can do against the Capitol." Quinn explained, "But some might think we're lying, Katniss Everdeen has my pin. Some people might take that as some sort of clue." she paused to take a breath. "We just have to stay in the Capitol until the leader of the Rebellion comes along. Then Thirteen will get us out."

Orion's expression of frustration and disappointment didn't fall. "How are we supposed to do that?"

Quinn shrugged, "Not sure, but we have a week to think about it."