Chapter Nineteen | Awkward Apologies

That night the group of them all minded their own business. There wasn't much to talk about, so they were all just left to think about things. But every second that the silence filled the bunker, it made her stir crazy. She would rather be leaving Nine. Quinn just wanted to finish the entire thing, she wanted to get to Thirteen and call it good. That would be enough encouragement for the rebels. What else could she do? Running away from Four would have to be enough, it made Snow angry enough, it showed the rebels they could at least try to do something...then they just had to wait for someone stronger than Quinn to actually make a big move.

"You alright?"

Quinn unblocked her eyes by lifting her arms off of her face. Orion was leaning on the bunk and looking at her. Quinn had come to the conclusion that she didn't like bottom bunks and being looked down at.

Quinn sighed and lowered her arms back onto her face. "Just tired." she replied, keeping her tone level and flat so he might get the hint that she was still frustrated with him after what had happened.

She heard Orion sigh heavily, "We all are." he replied, "Do you wish you would have stayed in Four?" he asked and after a moment, Quinn heard the springs retract in the mattress of the other bottom bunk.

Quinn moved her arms again, and then sat up because it was obvious that he wasn't going to leave her alone no matter how short and abrupt her answers were. "No," she said simply, "That would mean I'd be a mentor in the next games."

He nodded a bit, and remained quiet for a bit longer. "Quinn, I'm sorry about the other day." he said finally, avoiding making eye contact with her. "I didn't mean it." he finished and finally looked directly at her.

Quinn sighed and crossed her arms and leaned forward so she could rest them on her legs. But when her elbow stabbed into her leg, she felt a sharp pain where the Capitol had mended her leg. Her breath got caught in her throat and she quickly sat up again and held her hand firmly on the her leg where it hurt a bit.

"Are you okay?" Orion asked.

Quinn nodded, "Yeah..." she stated, "My leg just hurts a bit." she replied. She should have known that putting direct pressure on the spot where she had been stabbed with an arrow would hurt.

"I thought they fixed your leg."

"They did," she replied. "But not completely, I guess."

He sighed, "Makes sense. They want Victors to think the Capitol can still help them." he explained simply.

The two of them sat in silence for a moment. And Quinn felt dread wash over her. Her leg was throbbing still, how was she supposed to make it to Thirteen if she could possibly hurt her leg again.

"Now that those awkward apologies are done with," Quinn started, trying to keep her mind off of her leg. "How much further to Thirteen?"

Orion smirked a bit, "We're about half way there." he said simply, "One more safe house here in Nine, two in Eight, two in Twelve, and then we get picked up just outside of Twelve."

Quinn sighed in relief, "Finally..." she sighed. "Do you know what it's like? In Thirteen?"

He thought for a moment, "Not really," he replied. "A lot more strict I would guess...they live underground. They have since they were bombed." he explained.

"Mind moving, Orion?" Jules asked. "I want to get some sleep."

Orion looked up at Jules and then back at Quinn for a moment. "Night, Quinn." he sighed as he pushed himself up from the bed.