The Day

[ A/N : First of all, Thank you so much for your patience and understanding.
This chapter really took me so long. I have worked hard on this one. Had to draw one of my OC too.  Give me your thoughts on it .

Please VOTE and COMMENT your opinions or suggestions.

I have created a Spotify playlist for this chapter. Link in the conversation section. That is a must when reading it.
Enjoy!! ]

Are you fine, Claire?" Armin asks,concerned, as Claire looks blank.
She was not even paying attention to what  Erwin was instructing the soldiers. It was not deliberate but her mind couldn't focus.

Her face does look blank but her mind isn't. Hundreds of thoughts occupied it. It will take 2 or 3 days and she will be able to see her home inside Wall Maria. Though it won't be the same. Her parents won't be there to welcome her. Her friends with whom she used to play when she was a kid, they won't be there.

All because of that one ruthless titan.
One moment could change everything so drastically, no one would have ever thought.

Lost in her thoughts, she is brought back to reality by Armin when he again asks "Are you feeling sick, Claire? You look pale."

"Huh? No No... I'm fine."

"Sure?"

"Yeah.. I'm perfectly fine." To which Armin politely smiles. "That's good."

Levi actually saw how she was out of her mind this whole time thinking something. He probably knows what it could be because he knows her well now.

So that, she doesn't feel embarrassed asking others about the plan,
"Here, let me repeat what Erwin has just said. LISTEN CAREFULLY."

Claire feels relieved as now she won't have to ask others about it and later feel ashamed as to how could a soldier not pay attention to such an important thing.
She pays her full attention to what Levi was instructing.

"Got it?" He looks towards Claire.

"YES, CAPTAIN." All the soldiers yell in sync. Claire was one of them.

Levi nods, and shifts his gaze back to Erwin and Hange who seem to discuss something more. After five minutes or so their conversation ends.

Erwin interlocks his fingers behind his back and turns his head to the soldiers, standing in rows.

"SOLDIERS ! IT'S A BIG DAY. THE DAY WE ALL WERE WAITING FOR, ALL THE ELDIANS WERE WAITING FOR, THAT DAY IS HERE. SO,

ARE WE READY?"

"YES COMMANDER."

"ARE WE READY?"

"YES COMMANDER."

"SHINZOU WO SASAGEYO!"

With that being said, everyone gets on their horses and in no time, they are in the city.

As they are passing through the city, hundreds of people gather on the streets, wishing them good luck and hoping for them to return successfully and safely.
A group of Children wave at them, looking all excited. In response, Claire smiles and waves back.

"Did you see? She waved back." Overjoyed, a young boy tells the girl standing next to him. "Yes. She did" they hold hands and start jumping with joy.

Claire couldn't help but chuckle at their cuteness. Their pure innocent smiles help her forget the hurtful thoughts she had earlier.

"Seems like even Kids like you." Claire turns her head at the deep voice. The smile still plastered on her lips as she watches Levi looking at her. Rubbing the back of her neck, she replies, "Maybe."