PROLOGUE

PROLOGUE

2010

Outskirts of Charlotte.

Niklaus Mikaelson had spent a thousand years with half of himself locked away, thanks to his mother, a witch, who had been unloyal to her husband and had an affair with a werewolf, resulting in him. His mother, Esther, on her search for forgiveness from her husband had used her magic and sealed away his werewolf side not mere hours after he had unlocked it. Esther, without realizing it had left two ingredients for him to find, so he would be able to be himself again.

Three months ago he had found
them; The doppelgänger of his first love who's blood was used in the ritual and the moonstone who had sealed the ritual. He had done the ritual and had drank the doppelgänger's blood to the point of her death. The next week he was leaving the small town of Mystic Falls where the doppelgänger had lived. With him, was Stefan Salvatore who in the return for saving his brother's life had given himself over to Niklaus who's next goal was to creat more hybrids like him.

After months of trying to create new hybrids, and failing, Niklaus had gone to a trusted witch who he had met during the 1920s. The witch was of no help so he recruited his sister, who realized Stefan had a secret, and that took them back to Mystic Falls, where he realized the doppelgänger was still alive after he had 'killed' her in his ritual.

Niklaus was on his way back to Mystic Falls with his sister Rebekah and his old time friend turned enemy Stefan Salvatore. In the back of the truck he was driving were the coffins of his sleeping family; Esther, Finn, Elijah and Kol. The empty coffin of a former sleeping Rebekah alongside it.

Dowager Fauline Cottage

Freya Mikaelson, older sister of the Mikaelson's, was in a deep sleep, one she endured for 100 years. She was cursed to a year of life and 100 of deep slumber. She was two years away from waking up and having her year of life, already accustomed to the lifestyle her aunt had given her.

Freya, after living with her aunt since she was five, was turned immortal by the age of 29. Her aunt was emotional and mentally manipulative, giving that
Her sister had abandoned her to go and marry the man who had held the duo prisoners. Freya endured the abuse from her for years and when she fell in love, she tried saying "No more" but her aunt's grip was so strong that her lover died, along with the child she was expecting. So for a thousand years she ran away from her aunt, looking over her shoulder and trying to find a way to get rid of her hold on her.

Charlotte Cemetery.

Mikael Mikaelson, father of the Mikaelson's, was enduring desiccation after the hatred for his stepson bought him to Mystic falls 15 years earlier in the quest to murder an innocent toddler, who's only sin was waking up her parents during thunderstorms due to it being too loud. The reason for this quest was that the child in question, Elena Gilbert, was the doppelganger of a woman who lived thousands of years ago. He encountered a witch who ended up being his demise.