10

Church Graveyard.

Woods in Route 29

Woods in Route 29

The screen shows a jeep in a deserted street next to some woods. The car stops and Alaric, Hope and Rafael hop out of the car. They begin their walk into the woods in silence. Hope leading the way exhales, "I don't know why he's still out here. He has a whole day's lead on us. He could be anywhere."

"Wait, how did they find him again?" the rat- I mean Matt, asked. Everyone just slowly turned towards with with a 'are-you-fucking-darf' look.

"Maybe 'cause he doesn't have a reason to run." Rafale glares at the Mikaelson girl. Alaric decides to stay out of it and just eyes them.

"Then why are they in the woods looking for him? Ruining those gorgeous boots my niece is wearing?" Rebekah exclaimed eyeing the brown boots Hope was wearing.

Hope scoffs at the newbie werewolf, they were always so cocky. "Logic that would be perfectly believable if he hadn't, you know, ran–"

A twig snaps.

"I admit, I jumped." Caroline mumbled.

Alaric stops the arguing teenagers, "Wait. Shh! You hear that?" Light footsteps are heard in the otherwise silent area, "Someone's here." Alaric turns around and starts running in a different direction, leaving the teenagers.

"You are just leaving the kids out there?" Hayley seeths, flashing her eyes at Alaric. The man gulps and says, "Im checking on the noise,"

Hope and Rafael share a look before running after him. Alaric keeps running, hopping over loose tigs and trunks, before coming next to a tree that ragged breathing is coming from behind. He slowly approaches it, going around it to see a figure. A beautiful woman with black long hair, chocolate colored skin, and a long dirty white dress is crouching against the tree, looking frightened.

Alaric slowly approaches her, "I-It's okay. I-I'm not gonna hurt you." He whispers, before fixing his voice and asking, "Were you on the bus?" The woman looks around with her frightened eyes, "Can you tell us what happened?"

Vincent frowns, "She looks innocent. Way too innocent."

"Is she a survivor?" Hope asks, when she and Rafael arrive. Rafael keeps his voice low, "Uh, smells like it. She reeks of smoke."

"I think she's in shock." Alaric says. The woman keeps slowly looking around, as if the trees surrounding them are a foreign thing, or something will jump from behind them, "Look, I need to get her to the police so she can get some medical attention." Alaric announces.