Till Forever Falls Apart

Pairings: Aaron Hotchner x fem!Reader

Characters: Aaron Hotchner, Jack Hotchner, Lila (OC), Charlie (OC), Wesley (OC), Oliver (OC), Raegan (OC), Penelope Garcia

Words: 19K

Summary: Aaron and Jack finally find the time to go on a two-week vacation, not suspecting that the girl who offers to take them around will have such a big impact on their lives

Warnings: one swear, implied sex, so much longing

Till Forever Falls Apart | Ashe, FINNEAS

--

Of all things, Aaron wasn't quite sure how he ended up where he was, standing on the outer deck of a ferry boat with Jack, across the continent and in a different country.

"Jack be careful!" he called over the strong wind blowing them practically to the edge.

They were surrounded by the Pacific Ocean. It always astonished Aaron how the same body of water could be crystal clear blue in the south, but a dark icy blue in the north.

"Daddy look I see whales! Do you see that!?" the young boy exclaimed, running to grab his father's arm and dragging him to the rail and pointing far across the open water.

"Would you look at that," Aaron smiled down at his boy, lifting him up so he could see the large mammals better.

A few in the pod had breached, coming over the water, their shining black and white skin glistening in the afternoon sun.

"What kind of whale is it?" Jack asked.

"I think it's called a killer whale," he told him.

"Actually, I think orca is the proper term. They're technically dolphins,"

Aaron and Jack turned around to the sound of the unfamiliar voice and saw you standing there, your arms crossed over your chest and a small smile coming over your face.

"Really?" Aaron seemed skeptical.

"Yeah, see they have teeth instead of bristles and their overall physical stature is closer to a dolphin than a while so they're classified under the Delphinidae family,"

"Hear that Jack, looks like you've got the inside scoop from a marine biologist," he nodded, raising his brows and in a lower whisper, adding, "And that's not something your Uncle Dave can buy for you,"

"Hey, um," you caught Aaron's attention once more, "Do I know you from somewhere?" you asked.

"I highly doubt it,"

And he had every right to, he did, after all, live 5 000 kilometres away.

"No, I definitely know you," you nodded. "A-Arthur? No that's not it," you mumbled to yourself. "Wait, Aaron! Aaron Hotchner,"

Now that caught him off guard, why couldn't he remember you? It was very clear you seemed to know him from somewhere, but the longer he looked the more familiar you seemed.

Good thing you were ready to fill in the blanks.

"You consulted on a case a few years ago with the RCMP," you explained. "I was working at the office you came to in Ontario at the time, still am,"

"What brings you all the way out to British Columbia?"

"Uncle Dave says everyone calls it B.C.," Jack interjected and Aaron chuckled and shook his head.

"I'm afraid Uncle Dave is right," you nodded. "British Columbia is too long, we shorten everything here. Vancouver is Van, Victoria is Vic, any of the places that start with Port, Alberni, McNeil, all just one word, but then you gotta be smart and know what one they're talking about,"