Twenty-six

We returned back, were planning on how to get to Teresa, I look at Thomas "No, there's gotta be another way" he says walking back and forth.
"Like what? You've seen the building" gally says.
"She's our only way in" I say.
He walks up to me "You really think she's gonna help us?" he asks me "well, if you ask her she might" I say.

"Am I missing something?" Brenda says.
"This is the same girl who betrayed us, right? Same dick?" she's hot.
"I like her" gally states.
I look at Thomas he seems like he's going to explode in any moment "What's going on?" she asks.
Thomas remains in silence.

"What? Afraid your little girlfriend's gonna get hurt?" newt asks looking at him "hmm?" silence.
"This obviously hasn't been just about rescuing minho, has it?"
Thomas turns to look at him "Wait, what are you talking about?" I don't know if he's acting dumb right now or he just is dumb at this point.

"Teresa" Newt says "She's the only reason minho's missing in the first place. Now we finally have and opportunity to get him back, but you don't want to because of, her?" he says, now Thomass back is on the wall "Because deep down inside you still care about her, don't you? Just admit it" he says Thomas opens his mouth to speak "You woudk have done the same if it were Kara -" he gets cut off by newt "Don't lie to me!" he pushes him roughly on the wall "Don't. Lie. To. Me!" he says. I flinch back, I look around to find the others already looking around, not knowing what to do.
He suddenly calms down.

He mumbles 'sorry' then turns around and looks at us then locks eyes with me "I'm sorry" he says, I look down at him arm he's still holding it the same one.
He walks out.
Thomas just looks around.
Gakky looks at me "What?"
"You should-" he tries to say "I'm going" I say and walk after newt.

I walk up to the roof and stand up, there he is.
I slowly walk to him and sit down next to him.
"Have I ever told you about my limp?" he starts to say.
"You told me you fell in the forest. I didn't belive you" I say.
"I tried to jump off a wall, my ankle wrapped around and ivy before I could even reach the ground" he says.
My heart stops, I can feel tears swell in my eyes.
"Minho saved me" he says. Minho. He saved us everyone. Now it's our turn to save him.

Newt suddenly lifts his sleeve.
Dark blue and purple veins all over his wrist.
The flare.
This can't be happening. No.
Please.

I look up and blink my tears away.
That means he's not immune.
"You know" I say "I've had dreams back in the glade, memories."
I say and look at him only to find him looking at me, he tuck's a piece of hair behind me ear.
"About you, I knew you since day one, we were only kids when wicked took us" I say, my voice cracks mid sentence.
"The one on the bus?" He asks, I freeze.
He - did he just say that?
"You remember?" I say "I've only had that dream, you were crying when I first met you" he says and chuckles I smile.

He's now sitting closer to me, no air between us.
He gently places his finger under my chin and turn my head to face him and places his lips on mine.
His lips are how I remember them soft, warm and comforting.
Between the kiss I smile and I can feel his lips forming into a smile.
We break apart and rest our forehead against each other's.
"Just in case" he breaths.

"Promise me, you won't forget about me?" he says.
"You're gonna make it Newt" I say.
"Just promise me." he raises his voice a bit I look at him "I promise" I say.
He's gonna make it.
Stay positive.
Stay positive.
He wraps his arms around me and squeezes me.
I can't cry.
Don't.
I feel like I'm going to break down and never stop.

It's going to be okay, love.