The Flying Monster

- RROOOOOOAAAAAARR - this was your second encounter with a beast today. A white snow-like dragon was flying above the entrance of the underground station. If it was going to jump on the surface the ceiling would surely fall and you didn't want it to happen. It was your little home after all. 

Searching for something to take down the dragon you stumbled upon your dad's glock. He was a policeman, that's why the gun. Another loud screech of the creature could be heard from the outside. You rushed to the stairs and pointed the gun at the beast. Once you shot it in the back leg it let out a painful roar and flew away. Thank god you had a silencer and it didn't make a loud noise when you shot, because for sure now would a hoard of dogs be running in your way. 

Taking in a deep breath, you moved inside once again and slid open the door to your mini house. Turning on the radio and slumping down in your seat, you silently hoped that someone would speak through the metal machine and that would be enough for you. You would know that you're not alone on this planet. 

Your parents died the day after your 18th birthday. 

You were driving to a theme park when a car crushed into your parents' one. Your vision blurry from the impact, you tried to get out of the car. Pushing the door open you coughed a few times, stumbled on your feet and looked around. Silence. When you looked at your parents they weren't moving. You reached for them but they weren't reacting to your touch. Once you checked their pulse and breathing you were sure they were dead. Tears had been streaming down you face at the thought of never seeing them again. You grabbed your things and ran, far away from the place. You were surprised that there wasn't anyone out there beside you.

Once you walked into a city, only then you realized that it was an apocalypse. Nothing new here, you lived in a village after all so you couldn't know it earlier. It took you like 2 hours to find an abandoned underground station. You turned the little train car into your new home.

Something started cracking from the radio, snatching you out of your thoughts. A moment of silence filled the air and then again. Something, or rather someone was trying to comunicate through the radio. You were shocked. It didn't happen once from the day you found it, it was three months ago. You listened closly to try to catch anything this person from the radio was saying.

- Hel..o? Som..ne ther... ease res..nd. ..eet me at.. dway stree.. in Orlan.. - you couldn't believe it. Someone was out there, you weren't alone. You started quickly packing your things and ran out of your safe zone. Gun in hand, backpack on your back and slience around you. That was a good sign there was silence. It meant you probably wouldn't meet with a beast or even if you did, it would be a low rank one that couldn't hurt you even if it wanted to.

.      .      .

6 Broadway, Kissimmee, FL 34741, United States

Three hours of walking later you were near Kissimmee, a city near Orlando. You still had to walk for 6 and a half hour to get there, but still it was better than nothing. You sat on the ground near a wall with a big owl painted on it. You grabbed some snacks from your backpack and started eating as you rested from the whole walk here. It wasn't a long break since you were in the middle of the city. Something moved behind the wall. You could hear its steps. Quickly grabbing your gun out of your pocket, you were on two legs. A two-headed australian shepherd walked out of its hiding. You lowered your glock ans sighed heavily. It was just a dog, thank god. It looked at you with its two heads, realizing it wasn't alone there. The dog seemed to be middle aged, it walked slowly in your direction, sniffing its surroundings. He's cute - you thought to yourself as you watched it sniffing your backpack near the snacks pouch.

- Hey, buddy. I think you might be really hungry, huh? Here, maybe it's not the freshest food, but still.. - you reached out to the dog with your sandwitch you made when you were still at the underground station. The dog carefully took the food out of your hand and started hungrily eating. You pat its head gently and watched as it ate, crouching nearby. 

It was slowly getting dark as you started walking through the city. Hour passed by hour and you were half way through with your new companion. Humming some song that was trapped in your head, you walked in Orlando's way. It was probably midnight by now because the moon was shining very bright, ah and the stars. Just beautiful. 

As you walked the streets at night with your new friend, something caught your eye. Something was crawling near a building you were about to pass. It had white glowing eyes and it was short. It didn't have claws, though. Your friend didn't seem to be worried about it and walked past it like it was nothing unusual. You followed your companion, still ready to take out your gun and shoot whatever this misterious creature was.

After spending the rest of the night in a safe place, and by "the rest of the night" I mean the very early morning and then like half of the day sleeping, you resumed your little adventure. Orlando was only an hour away walk now, so you didn't rush. It was actually nice, since it was warm and it wasn't raining. Your buddy was walking by your side the whole time with you. Sure, he maybe was cute looking and wasn't as energetic as you, but when he would be hungry he always jumped at you and barked, begging for food. It was adorable at first but now it was kind of annoying.