Dummy

- Um.. y/n.. - he started. - I know you may be angry at me for what I did in the past to you but.. Listen, I'm really sorry about- about everything, alright? I-I just.. - he trailed off at the end of his sentance. Even though he apologised you still felt a bit uneasy about him. He did so many bad things to you when you two were younger that you just wanted to punch his stupid face. Stupid cute face, you thought, wait, what did I just say? His face is not cute. Oh, what am I doing..

You looked at him only to see that he was already looking in your way. You two locked eyes for a moment but you quickly broke the eye contact. You just couldn't handle him right now.

- Nick..

- Yea? - he said softly, again looking in your way.

- I'm not going to forgive you- not now.. but... I'll think about it - you said walking away. You didn't have to look behind to know that he was following you inside, just the sound of his footsteps was enough for you.

- Go to sleep - you said to him a little bit more harshly than you wanted it to come out.

- What about you? You're not going to sleep as well? - Nick asked you, his voice full of concern.

- No, someone has to be up if some beast were about to attack us and tell the other in time to safely run away - you stated to him.

- Well I can stay up! - he said with full enthusiasm. The corners of your mouth slightly went up at his enthusiasm to stay up just so you could sleep.

- No. You would probably fall asleep in first five minutes and I want to be alive. Besides - you started again - I'm not going to run away and pee my pants when I see a monster, just kill it as quietly as I can so I won't wake your sorry-ass - he sighed at your arguments and went to one of the couches and laid there trying to sleep. You stayed up in the end and were proud of the fact that you won that fight.

It's almost midnight, you thought. There weren't any working clocks around. Let's say it was the middle of the night. You were sitting outside right now with your gun in hand, ready to shoot anything that will come into view. The sun was lazily getting up on the sky and the only thing you dreamed of right in that moment was to just go to sleep and not worry about anything in the world. Eat breakfast in the morning and go to boring classes in school with your friends.

You could hear a slight rumble coming from the inside. Nick is probably up, you thought to yourself. Speak of the devil, he walked out the doors scratching the back of his head, interrupting your thoughts of that night. Still a bit sleepy, huh?, you thought. He looked around until his eyes landed on you and you could swear you saw a slight red tint on his cheeks. He walked up to you and offered his hand to get up. You looked up at him and took his hand. That's when everything started spinning and you really wanted to throw up. So you quickly took your hand away from him and ran to the near bushes to throw up your yesterday dinner. You felt your hair being held up from behind by him. 

- S-Sorry... - you stuttered out, everything still spinning in your eyes.

- Don't apologise! - he quickly answered - It's not your fault. 

You turned to him only to see him already looking at you with a goofy smile. He helped you get up and walk to the place you've been staying in. Nick sat you on one of the couches while sitting next to you.

- You okay there? - he asked you, his eyes full of concern, yet he still somehow managed to smile at you.

- Yeah.. I think it's just something that I ate... - you were lying, you didn't eat anything from the time you two had arrived here and that was, like 11 hours ago. You didn't eat anything for eleven hours, but by some miracle you somehow managed to throw up that candy bar you ate just before you went up that loops of roads.

Nick didn't answer, but he knew you didn't want to talk about it so he just dropped the subject. You slowly started drifting away in your thoughts. It was only the morning and you already feel groggy and tired. Earlier when you stayed up all night you didn't have this weird feeling of tiredness, but now you do. And you just don't know why. Maybe it's because you had been like a guardian angel, watching if everything is alright and there isn't any beast nearby to attack Nick? But you hated him.. He did so much in your life when you were kids... You didn't want these thoughts in your head, so you turned from the window you've been staring at for almost 20 minutes now. You didn't see Nick anywhere. That's odd.., you thought.

- Nick? You here? - you called out to him.

- Yeah! - a muffled shout came from the kitchen - Just give me a second, I'll be right there!

- Okay! - you shouted back to him.

After about 10 more minutes Nick showed up with burgers he made. They looked delicious, you didn't know he could cook.

- Here! - he said really proud of himself.

- Um.. thanks.. - you told him and tried one of the burgers he had made. And as they looked they tasted the same - delicious. You made sound of approval to him and ate the whole burger while he sat across from you, watching as you ate.

- Thank you. Like, seriously. I didn't know you could cook? -you said with a raised brow to him.

- Haha, thanks. Actually I've been cooking since the age of 13 I guess.. - you could swear there was a slight blush on his cheeks. Did you said something embarrasing to him?

- Heh, dummy.. - you slightly smiled at him making him grin at you. You both went into a fit of laughter. That was the best moment you've had in a long time. It was.. nice.