That Weird Feeling

Nick cried quietly as you looked at him with tears almost spilling out from your eyes too. He was looking at you with his brown glassy eyes. You felt a bit bad for making him cry, but he deserved to know what you had went through.

- ..I-I'm sorry... - he mumbled through his cries. It was obvious he felt guilty for doing that. His lower lip trembling as his tears were slowly stopping. You looked at his tearstained cheeks and didn't think twice before brushing your hand against them to wipe away the tears that were still left. You sighed lightly and turned to the other side.

- It's.. nevermind. Just sleep alrady, dumbass.

- Heh - Nick chuckled - is it like m-my nickname now? - he's voice was still unsteady, but you could hear the bit of joy in it. Subconciously you giggled at that and if not the fact that Nick was facing your back he would probably see your little smile and pink tint all over your cheeks. There, out of nowhere, you started feeling something new. Something you had never felt before. A weird and, suprisingly, warm feeling, though it made your stomach flip a bit - you liked it.

After a couple minutes of shuffling on your matress' to find the comfiest position to sleep, you two fell into a deep slumber within the whole night.

.      .      .

- I DIDN'T KNOW! - Nick screamed at you.

- WELL I DIDN'T KNOW EITHER! - you shouted back at him. You two started arguing after Nick tried to make breakfast of the Death Berry's - you called that berry's this because they were red as blood and had small yellow dots all over it and were the size of your fist. They could kill you in less than a minute after you ate it.

- Alright, alright. Whatever, good thing I woke up in time to stop you - you sighed and started walking away from the treehouse into the forest.

- And where are you going now?! - he shouted after you.

- Find something to eat so that be won't starve!

After a couple of seconds you heard footsteps behind you and heavy breathing.

- W..Wait for.. me... - he gasped for air holding himself up by his knees.

You walked quite long, one hour to be precise. But it was worth it. You were in front of an old candy shop that you used to go to after school. You two walked in and as soon as Nick was inside he was out of breath. He's eyes sparkled with excitement and you couldn't do anything but stare at him with amusement.

- Take a picture, it'll last longer - he said with a smirk plastered all over his face. You quickly looked away and said:

- It was just... I've never seen you like.. like this - you pointed your finger at him.

- Like what? - he asked with a mischievous grin.

- ..this excited...

Nick looked at you with an expression you couldn't really read. It was a mix of happiness and sadness at the same time, but also something else... He had a little blush too. And then your stomach started to ramble.

- Okay, let's go get something before I starve to death - you stated walking away to a shelf almost without any jars of candy. Shit, why do I feel like this? - you thought to yourself. - It's almost like I'm going to throw up but also it's a nice feeling at the same time! Geez, I hope it will fade soon.

Just as you were about to take the jar to your right on the middle shelf, you felt as something wrapped around your ankle. You slowly looked down and there was a root-like-looking thing attached to you.

- Nick? - you half-shouted to him.

- Yeah? - he answered, turning around to look at you. - WHAT THE HELL IS THAT THING?! - now he shouted pointing his finger at the creature's tentacle, but it looked more like a big long root with spikes. It started to pull you to the back of the shop. You stumbled and fell to the ground being dragged by the monster ahead.

- AAHHH!

- Y/N! - Nick screamed your name and started running in your direction. You hit your head on something really hard and the moment your head collided with the thing you blacked out.

Blurry. Everything was blurry. Your head was pumping and the fact that it hurt wasn't helping. You saw someone in the distance fighting a big octopus-like monster. You got up and blinked a couple of times to return your sharp vision. Now you saw everything clearly. It was Nick. And he had a.. sword?! Oh god.. - you thought. He was bruised and had a few cuts here and there. No, I can't let him fight alone that beast! I must do something! - you thought again. You looked around for your gun. It was just by your hand. You grabbed it and started shooting at the tentacle that was just about to hit Nick. The creature backed off a bit and after a couple of seconds ran away. Nick looked in your direction fully surprised that you were awake.

- Come on! We have to get out of here! - you shouted to him trying to stand up. A wave of pain shot right through your left ankle. You hissed in pain and sat down on the cold tiles. Nick quickly ran up to you.

- Y/N! Are you okay!?

- Yes, I-I'm fine. Just.. give me a hand - he streched out his hand for you to grab and pulled you up. He placed your arm around his neck and helped you walk out of the back of the shop.

After rummaging through the whole store and eating everything that was at hand, you two were sitting on the ground in front of the candy store. The sun was just getting lower and another day of this nightmare was ending. Another night to survive in this hell, huh? - you thought.

- I mean, it's not that bad - Nick said.

- W-What..?

- You said 'another night to survive in this hell', I say it's not that bad.

- I said it out loud, huh.. hey, Nick?

- Hm?

- Why isn't it that bad for you?

He turned his head in your direaction and met your gaze. Your eyes locked for a moment.

- It's because I'm here with you - he smiled warmly at you. At this moment your heart stopped beating. It was like the whole world stopped around you. You smiled back at him and turned your gaze back to the now sunset.

After a couple of minutes of enjoying each other's presence you felt your eyelids getting heavy. With each blink it was harder to open your eyes again. And then darkness consumed you and you fell into a peaceful sleep. It was a long and a bit tiring day.