Orlando's Streets

Walking through the empty streets of big city's was kind of weird knowing that just two years ago a lot of cars were driving there. The empty stores and restaurants, all of this seemed so sad, without colour. So dead and transparent at times that some of you may think it was scary. For some people - yes, it was. But for you, it was just empty streets and nothing more, you weren't scared of it at all. May I say, you even felt a little confident. But now's not the time to wonder in your own thoughts. It's dangerous out here and you knew it better than to not put a toaster in the bathtub full of water.

Picking up some food on the way and stuffing it in your bag, you walked through the streets of Orlando. Finally, you made it safe here. Nearing the loops of roads in the center of the city. You were surprised there wasn't any beasts here. But, oh, don't push your luck. You still had to find this wonderful person that spoke through the radio to you. You were excited to say the least. You didn't know how he looked or if he wasn't lying and if it wasn't even a trap. 

You walked on the road all the way up to the very center. The view in front of you catched you off guard. He looked up to the sound of your footsteps and his eyes widened in schock. You couldn't believe it. It really was him. The person you hated the most in the world sat in front of you. Oh god, this couldn't be worse could it? - you thought. Just as this thought appeard in your head, the boy spoke to you:

- Y/N... it's really you.. I-I thought you were d-dead.. - his voice was shaky and sounded almost like he was scared. You didn't respond to him, just stood there and looked at his face. You were dumbfounded. The only things that were in your head were how, why, what and where. It was him, it really was. He was actually standing in front of you and not just your mind playing with you.

You were about to say his name when a big creature screetched next to the two of you. You both looked in its way. It had a lot of teeth instead of nose and eyes. Just a big mouth with sharp teeth. Huge claws and big back feet. It was like 6 meters tall. Your "new found" friend started to slowly back away and was about to start running but you stopped him.

- Don't. Move. - you whispered to him, so that only he could hear it. He didn't respond but you knew he listened to your command. The creature didn't seem to know what to do. It just stood there, trying to catch any sound of movement. It was kind of looking around with its head tilting to the sides from time to time. You were sure it was going to go away but, of course, your dear companion obviously didn't realize it and decided to sneeze in this very moment. The creature, while turning away from you, violently turned its head in his way and started running. 

The boy started running away while screaming and that caught the creature's attention even more. It ran past you and you weren't sure what to do. Go after the beast, get another trophy and save this dumbass or stay here and quietly walk away from the place so that you wouldn't provoke the creature to ran after you instead. You chose option number one because, first - you didn't want to be alone and you didn't know if there were any other survivors, second - your hero-ego wouldn't let you leave him there and you would feel guilty for the rest of your life. So what you did was expected. You took out your gun and shoot a couple of times to the beast. It stopped running after your friend but it didn't take any damage from the shots and started running in your way. So you took out your bow this time and shot an arrow right into its mouth. In the last second it started slowing down and when it stopped, the creature started coughing up blood. The boy was behind one of the pillars of the road and was looking at you with amazement and a bit of fear in his eyes. The creature ran away and the shot of adrenaline in your veins was long gone now.

- Woah.. that was.. awesome! - he screamed while he made his way back to you.

- Don't get too distracted. They are everywhere - you said with a bit of annoyance in your voice. He looks.. sad..?,  you thought to yourself while observing his actions. - Alright, come on. We have to find a safe place before it gets dark. I don't want to save your ass twice today - you said slowly walking away. The boy was at first shocked by your words and actions but by the sounds of footsteps behind you, you could tell that he was following you. A small smile made its way on your lips and you couldn't bring yourself to stop that action.

.      .      .

You two stopped at an abandoned McDonald's. When you walked in, you checked all windows and doors for signs of some small, non dangerous creatures that would only annoy you at night. After the whole check-up you went into the kitchen, still not saying one word from the moment when you had a fight with that beast. It was getting dark outside and you were sitting on the roof of the infamous restaurant looking at the sky full of stars. It's full moon tonight, how beautiful, you thought. And then he came up and sat next to you. It was dead silence but it wasn't awkward. You two were sitting there watching stars not caring about anything else in the world. Just enjoying each other's presence. That's when the boy broke the silence.