Chapter Six

Bobby drove until he finally came to a stop. I knew this place. It was a recreation center. The place were college students came to study or should I say 'party'. I unbuckled my seatbelt and leaned forward to where Mia and Bobby were.

"You lied to me guys. I thought we were going out to eat. What are we doing here?" I say hoarsely.

"Mells relax. We both thought you need this. You're always behind those books. This is a great opportunity for you to have fun and meet- " I cut Bobby off as soon as he said that.

"I already agreed to go on that date Mia told me about. I don't need to meet any more guys!" I leaned back in my seat with my arms crossed. Mia was gazing out the window, staring at the people passing by.

"Doesn't it hit you? You're almost 21- years-old and you have never dated anyone. I want you to find someone sis," Bobby said sincerely. I let out a small sigh. Bobby and me were that close. After him and Mia started dating, our friendship grew stronger. I looked out the window and thought for a little.

"Fine, but I can't promise you anything." I gave him a light punch and stepped out of the car. "I'll meet you guys inside."

As I walked up to the recreation center, the wind blew coldly down my back. I can't believe I brought one tiny sweater. I was freezing my ass off. It wasn't one of those wild parties, which I liked, it was more calm with people talking, dancing and playing games. I made my way over to one of the round tables and took out a book I had secretly brought.

"Looks like you're having fun." A deep masculine voice said. I glanced up from my book and saw Eric standing in front of me.

"Eric! " I squealed. "What are you doing here?" I noticed he was dressed in a more casual look with messy hair, scarf and a sweater.

"Well it is a party. Are those your friends over there?" He smiled pointing at Bobby and Mia. Bobby was shaking his head, while Mia was shuffling. I laughed at the sight of them.

"Yeah, but how-"

"I saw you with them while I was walking by." Eric stuffed his hands in his pockets and started rocking back and fourth. "Do you want to go for a walk?" He finally said.

I gave him a slight smile for yes and stuffed my book in my bag. Even though it was freezing outside, I didn't want to miss out on this opportunity. We needed to catch up with our lives.

As we stepped outside, the cold air hit me like a slap to the face. I crossed my arms for warmth. We walked a couple of blocks away and made our way to the park. The whole time, I was shivering uncontrollably.

"Meli." Eric said with concern. I looked to the side and noticed he was staring at me.

"Ye-ah," I pulled down my beanie, shivering.

"You're cold, aren't you?" He stated the obvious.

"No, I'm just really warm that I can't stop shaking," I rolled my eyes laughing.

"Here." He took off his jacket and handed it over to me. I was not going to let him freeze because of me.

"No." I gave him back the jacket and walked a few steps forward. "I'm not going to let you freeze."

"Meli, take the jacket. I have like two other sweaters on and you barely have one on." He walked towards me and laid out the jacket in front of me. I turned my head around quickly.

"Take the damn jacket."

"No."

"Mel-"

"I'm not taking the stupid jacket Eric," I retorted. "Lets continue walking, okay?"

Jeez! Why don't guys never listen? You could give them a million bucks and they still would not listen to you! I suddenly felt Eric hug me from behind. He was trying to put the jacket on me. I tried to pull away, but he was holding my arms do I wouldn't try to fight back.

"Eric!" I squeaked painfully. Damn! If only he didn't work out. He had a strong grip, I felt like I was suffocating.

"Okay, fine you win!." I choked out, trying to breath. He finally let go and a smirk started forming on his face. I couldn't help but notice he looked really cute. His skin was pale and his nose was slightly red because of the cold air.

"I always win." He chuckled. I frowned at him and held on to his jacket that smelled like manly cologne. I could sniff this all day. We continued to walk through the trees that completely circled the sidewalk.

"Have you told you're dad already?" I had to say something to cut the silence. Eric was more of a shy person, I should say.

"No Meli, I can't. He thinks I'm studying to be a lawyer, but I haven't told him I quit law school." He ran his hands through his messy hair. "He is going to freak if I tell him I want to be a personal trainer."

That was totally true. Eric's dad was in the business world. He is really successful, but strict on the other hand.

"I think you should tell him. It's you're dream and it should come out from you."

The path seemed to never end.

"I'll see. What's you're dream Meli?" He arched an eyebrow at me. I never told any one my dream. College Prome. Yes, it's crazy, but it's been my dream since childhood.

"College Prome."I spat it out blushing.

"You mean the dance that Danforth hosts every year? With girls dressing as princesses and stuff?" Eric spoke almost laughing.

"Yes and its not funny."

"I'm sorry, it's just that it never occurred to me that a girl with the perfect G.P.A-"

"I get it Eric." I snapped cutting him off. I walked over to a bench and sat down. "I don't even think I'm going to go."

Eric walked over to me and knelt down besides me.

"Why not? Wait, I know. You don't know how to dance?" He told me in the sweetest voice. I locked my eyes with him and started giggling.

"What are you talking about?" His face flushed red and gazed away from me. I know what this is about. Eric couldn't dance!

"Do you know how to dance?" I asked quietly. He stared for what seemed like forever, but finally said no.

"C'mon." I stood up from the bench and helped him up. "I'll show you." We made our way to the grassy area and moved him so he was facing me.

"Okay. First you put your arm behind my back." I lifted his arm and laid it just below my waist. I then interlocked my hand with his and held it up high.

"Meli, I'm terrible." He winced not trying to hurt me. Ignoring him, I stepped closer so our chests were almost touching.

"Relax, Eric." I smiled. I moved a couple of steps, laughing at how stiff he was.

"See. You're good." By this time, we were just dancing around the grassy area. I didn't even feel the freezing air anymore. It was time for the twirling part. My favorite part of this dance.

Eric twirled me around and now we were facing each other. We both stood there staring in each others eyes. I didn't even realize he was still holding my hand up. His eyes swiftly made their way to where my lips were. What was he doing? Was he going to kiss me? My heart started to speed up as he slowly lifted up my chin with his gentle hand.

What if his lips land on my lips? What the hell am I suppose to do? Do I just let them there?

"Meli!" I turned around to see who was yelling my name. Eric dropped his hand from my chin and we both looked towards Mia. Thank goodness!

"Uh- I think I better go." I gave Eric a sheepish smile and walked away.

"Where have you been?" Mia snapped. "Meli, you okay?"

I snapped away from my thoughts. "Yeah," I spoke quickly.

Was I about to get my first kiss with the guy who I saw as my brother?