Chapter Thirteen

A/N: Okay, so I finally updated! YAY! I hope you guys enjoy this chapter! Please leave any comments, good or bad. I need to know what I need to fix and PLease PLEASE be sure to vote! Thank you guys sooo much for all of you're support!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

"Alex, what are you doing?" I whispered hoarsely as I pulled my arm away from his grip. Eric was waiting for me outside and Mia and Bobby were clueless about what was happening.

Alex looked around the room as if he was searching for the words to come off the ceiling or something. "I said I'm coming with you."

"Excuse me-"

"I just think we need to go...uh... see the kids at the other shelter... I mean they are the ones who are moving into the building we are designing," he smiled slightly. I held up a finger to Eric, signaling for him to hold on.

Alex was right. We did need to tell the kids at the shelter, and Alia was one of them. Would they like moving into the new one or did we have to cancel the project? I hesitated at the thought of Alex coming along, but then again, it would be necessary if we both went instead of one.

"Fine," I finally said. We both stood in the silence that seemed to be mocking us about the kiss. I stared at the ground, not knowing whether to bring up the topic or pretend it never happened.

"I'll go tell Eric." My voice was nearly a whisper now. Before he could say anything else, I left instantly.

"Hey you okay? " Eric asked as I approached him. No, I wasn't.

"Alex wants to tag along. He thinks its easier if we leave afterwards to go visit the kids at the shelter," I hesitated.

I waited for his response that seemed to be taking a whole hour. I still didn't seem to understand what was the deal between them both. Did it have to do with Oceania or Nalia. Though, I really didn't know who she was, she was dangerous.

"I understand if you don't want to go anymore." My voice cracking .

"No, of course not Meli. I still want to go. Not even Alex is going to keep me from taking you out," he smiled, as he pulled the door open. Right when I was about to step in, Alex came barging in from behind.

"I'll take the front seat. I get claustrophobic when I sit in the back."

He imediately stepped in, strapping on his seatbelt. Eric was staring at him with anger, his hands now into fists. I went into the back seat, where Alex gave me one of his stupid boyish grins.

Glaring my eyes at him I buckled up," I know what you're doing Alex and you need to stop." I leaned back into the seat, as Eric started the igniton. I didn't want to know how this day was going to end. Eric kept giving Alex evil looks while he was staring at window the whole time. It seemed to me like he was in deep thought.

I was in deep thought myself. The deal was that Alex kissed me, and I was scared I actually liked it. The kiss. I just couldn't keep my mind off of it. Not only because it was my first kiss, but I couldn't believe I kissed him back. It seemed unreal, something I only imagine in my dreams.

Its a good thing Robert unlocked the door before we could say anything after we kissed. My throat would've just dropped; I had enough surprises already. I just called Mia to pick me up since driving with Alex would be uncomfortable. I don't know whether he is intentionally messing around with me. I just hope he doesn't try to do it again.

The car ride was filled with dead silence. Even when Alex seemed to be messing with the radio, Eric kept quiet as if he didn't want to start a fight. I could tell he was full of anger when he kept on clutching the wheel.