Chapter Two

I went in to Designing 214. My favorite class throughout the whole semester. With a cool teacher like Mr.Hills and peer tutor Rosie, I never wanted to leave. Designing 214 consisted mainly of interior creating. You know, like outlines of rooms, houses, etc. As I entered the classroom, I noticed Mr.Hills had a sad expression on his face.

"You okay Mr.Hills?," I asked.

"Yes, Amelia. Just some news to tell you guys."

I knew Rosie was on maternity leave, but he always saw her at home. No need to be sad. Rosie was his daughter and she always made jokes about him during sessions. Everyone loved her for that.

"Okay class, settle down. As all of you might know, my daughter Rosie is on maternity leave." Everyone sighed. Of course, we will all miss her. "She wanted me to tell you, she will not be coming back. It will be too much for her to handle."

WHAT! Has she gone bonkers? Mr.Hills walked towards his desk. I quickly catched up to him.

"Mr.Hills, what do you mean to much to handle?" I asked impatiently.

"Well you know Meli, with the baby and stuff."

"If Rosie left, who will be the new peer tutor?"

Mr.Hills smiled and said, "Don't worry, we have many of them applying, but if you want I can interview you... "

I had too much to handle already and I couldn't be the peer tutor.

"That's really nice of you Mr.Hills, but with work and my other classes, it's really hard to catch up" I sighed. Peer tutoring was extra work.

"Alright Meli, but can you at least be an assistant?"

I looked around and thought for a moment. It couldn't be so hard, could it? I bit my lip. I knew I was going to regret this.

"Okay, Mr. Hills." I let out a slight smile and walked back to my desk. This was going to be a long semester.

**********

I spotted Mia walking along the corridor. I grabbed her arm and she started squealing like crazy. I rolled my eyes.

"Mia, it's Meli," I said annoyed.

She smiled and said, "Oh hey Meli!" I pushed her out into a corner where nobody could here us. Gossip spread like wild fire here.

"So...are you going to tell me now?" I needed to know what she was up to.

Mia let out a smirk. "I have a feeling you are going to have a date!"

Date? Yes I wanted to go to prome, but with my... Never mind, it didn't matter.

Before I could talk she let out a big smile.

"Many guys have agreed to take you on dates!" What?! Wait, why am I saying this inside?

"What?!" I shouted. "Mia, are you crazy?"

I'm not desperate for a date. Why would she do this? I mean I do want to fall in love but.... What am I saying? It's not happening!

"C'mon Meli. This is your chance. You're chance to maybe fall in love," Mia happily sang. I glared at her with angry eyes. I sighed.

"Fine. I'll go, but just so I can get you off my back."

She jumped up and down, then kissed me on my cheek.

"Who knows? Maybe you'll fall for one of them," she whispered. What was up with her. Who knows? Really?

"Your first date is tonight. Meet him in the lobby at 7pm. Make sure you're not late. 'Kay?" She then walked away and met Bobby. Bobby was her boyfriend. He was tall and kinda muscular. He had black wavy hair. They were both crazy for each other. I believe it since they were both airheads.

"Hey, Meli." He waved at me. I did the same and walked to my other classroom. How am I suppose to act on a date? What should I wear? WHAT'S HIS NAME ANYWAY? All these thoughts confused me! I gulped as the time for my date drew nearer. Before I knew it, it was already six.

I went into my dorm and threw my bags on the bed.

"Ugh," I sighed. "What if he doesn't like me?"

I picked out some skinny jeans and a wobbly white long tee. I put on some boots and a scarf. There was no way I was going to freeze.

Only 10 more minutes till 7. I rushed to the lobby. Luckily, he wasn't there. Wasn't there! What? Aren't guys suppose to be early for dates? Whatever. I sat down and glanced at my watch. It was two minutes past seven. I was not going to wait any longer. A tall shadow grew closer. He had curly brown hair. When I saw his face, I gasped with surprise.