C. 1

"Y/n L/n, you are being charged with crimes against the gods, how do you plead?"

How many times have you heard that phrase? And every time...

"I plead not guilty, your honour,"

you say the same thing every time, even if...

"Y/n L/n, you are on your way to be executed tomorrow for burning down the golden temple. You will be taken to a dungeon. Do you have any last requests before you are disposed of for good?"

In the courtroom, you glance around, knowing who found you guilty and who did not, and your eyes meet teary golden orbs. Your assistant, and your most trusted friend, Reaven, was crying. Just as he did every time you were sentenced to death, even if Medea managed to get to him and mess with his head, he would always cry for you.

He felt for you, he knew that Medea was the one to burn it down yet he never spoke up, he felt bad for betraying you after years of being by your side, so many times he saw you act as a priest should, and yet his obsession for the next priestess had spiralled. Just as they all did.

The first king, Aurelian, was the judge, only he, born to the golden crown, was respected enough to execute the Divine Priest. You had blessed him when he was born, you had been a second father for him once his had died, and you had been the one to help balance his kingdom, and yet, he chooses the one that had killed his father. The one who wants to marry him only to rule the golden kingdom.

The second king, Gabriel, born to the white crown and the largest kingdom, where you would be executed. He had looked up to you at one point, he was always there when you would host services, and when you allowed him to look you in the eyes, he had nearly cried and you remember the missing tooth he had when he smiled oh so brightly and yet he sat on the jury, most adamant about your guilt.

The third king, Moteon, born to the blessed crown and the most resources in any kingdom, would be the main one rebuilding the golden temple, the same one he had gone to anytime he felt overwhelmed to just bask in your heaven-sent glory, the same one he had begged for your blessing in, the same one he had asked you to make Medea the high priestess in, and the same one he had warned you of your death in once you said she was an evil spirit.

Then the knight that hoisted you to your feet, Damien, whose eyes swirled with desire whenever Medea praised him, in those same eyes, he expressed a fierce desire to protect you after he had been hired. It was sad, even after you've lived this life so many times you didn't have many memories of him. You avoided him after he professed his love for you, it always happened and every time you had to tell him that, as the Divine Priest, you weren't looking for a relationship.

it always ends up with you dead, but it was so worth it...

"May I spend a few minutes of my last hours by my friend's side? If that's alright with you, Reaven?"

You hear a broken sob escape from his mouth, he always told you to keep it professional but he would always smile whenever you called him by his first name. His voice was usually soft and melodic but his cries were ugly and loud, you couldn't see him anymore, having to stare at the judge to request anything but, you were sure he was holding his head in his hands.

"L/n, your request will be fulfilled by the bright moon, is there anything else you wish for?"

You saw the look in his grey eyes, if you weren't the last Divine Priest, he would have you killed on the spot but some people looked up to you and it wasn't worth being overthrown just to kill you a day quicker.

"May I die without any gold on my body?"

"Do you think that the kingdoms don't respect you?"

You smile, angelic as you always were, and shook your head.