Chapter 5 - The loss

Percy POV

I instantly flashed to the source of the scream and saw that the hunters where being outnumbered by the monsters and Artemis was battling Orion. How the heck Orion came back , I didn't know but what i knew was that i had to save the hunters first because Artemis could fight on her own for a few minutes.

I ran to the hunters and stopped all the monsters so that they could kill a few before i went to fight myself. When i looked at the hunters i couldn't believe what I saw. There where 5 injured hunters and 1 was dead.

I was so enraged at the sight that I shouted "Phoebe TAKE THE INJURED ONES AWAY AND HEAL THEM AS BEST AS YOU CAN!" I shouted. Phoebe didn't usually listen to me but this time she quickly nodded and took the injured ones away.

I ran in with riptide hacking and slashing at any and every monster that came within my striking distance. In about a minute all the monsters where dead but I realized that i was stupid enough to actually think nothing happened.

I almost broke down when i saw 3 more hunters dead and 6 more injured. At that moment i also noticed that Orion was trying to kill more hunters and Artemis was tied to a wall with cuts along her leg and hand.

I ran to Orion and fought him with so much strength that I had got from anger that had built up inside of me. I slashed at Orion's leg which he easily side stepped and tried to slash at my sword arm. I quickly met my sword with his and with a flick of my blade his weapon was n the ground. he tried shooting arrows at me which I sliced in half easily and quickly put my sword at his throat my eyes practically on fire. With one last slash i killed Orion and send him back to Tartarus.

Afterwards I went and cut Artemis free from her ropes and sat there on the ground crying for all the hunters that had died because I was foolish enough to think that Orion wasn't as strong as he actually was and for not being able to do anything about those poor hunters.

I sat there crying for a long time until someone put a hand on my shoulder. I looked up to see Artemis looking at me worriedly. Her eyes where red from crying I guess.

"Percy , those deaths weren't your fault. You couldn't kill the monsters and help the hunters at the same time. I know you feel sad and i feel the same way , but you have to realize you can't prevent all deaths."

"I know you don't blame me but i just can't help but think what would have happened if i was smarter and didn't let that idiot kill them!" I said angrily.

Then the realization struck me. The only way to prevent as much deaths as possible was to be a lot more powerful then your enemy. "I'm sorry Artemis , i'll be back in half a century or so." I said half heatedly. 

What I was going to do next was the most stupid and riskiest thing any being in the world would have ever done or thought of doing in their life.

"Percy..." She trailed off. "What are you thinking about?" She asked even more worried then before.

I willed a message to appear of how I felt and that I would be back in a century or a half but not about my plan because that would enrage some gods about me going to the evil side like Zeus and Ares and some would be crying their eyes out like my father and Hestia.

I gave Artemis a quick hug , even though I didn't know if she would welcome the gesture , and flashed out.

I appeared at my cabin and took some essential supplies like some food , water nectar , ambrosia clothes , etc.

I then flashed to my dad's palace and I hugged him tightly before asking him to immortalize my mom and sister when she was at least 18. He nodded confused and I willed the same message to appear before flashing out. before I went I wanted to train a bit more. This journey would come close to killing me multiple times even if I am a god now.

I appeared next to a group of squirrels and practiced making them freeze completely. I quickly grew bored as this was easy for me now and went out to the forest and roamed around looking for monsters while I thought about what I was going to do.

I sighed at the thought. If the gods knew what i was going to do they would think i was power hungry...though the fact is , if i can achieve what i'm thinking which will probably almost kill me I would be able to save everyone or at least 98% of the people i loved or cared for or just wanted to save.

If I could achieve this I would also probably also be able to prevent some minor wars and conflicts.

But if i can't achieve this...I would go insane or most likely die.

I quickly pushed the thought away and was about go into another thought but i was interrupted by the sound of cyclops and helhounds. I quickly brought out riptide and edged close to where the sound was coming from.

I saw 10 cyclops and a few helhounds. I quickly froze them in time and succeeded for 5 minutes not bad I thought.  I then proceeded to slash away at the monsters and kill them pretty fast. 

I felt kind of bad when i killed them because they reminded me of miss o'leary and my half brother Tyson but I reminded myself that these where bad ones and so I had to kill them.

After this I realized that there was no point in stalling anymore and decided to flash to my destination. I realized how badly I missed the company of Artemis. We had grown as good friends during the month and I was quit upset i was going to have to leave her the hunt and everyone else. I sighed and walked towards...

Artemis POV

I was beyond sad that percy had left and went to my tent to read the letter I started crying when I read that percy was leaving for the next 50 - 100 years. 

Never in my life would I have thought I would cry over a man. Percy was kind and always helpful and we had grown as close friends during just a month. 

I hoped that he was ok and would return back safe. I was still really sad and realized i have to tell the hunters about his disappearance...I layed on my bed crying for a bit more until i went to the washroom and cleared my head and washed my eyes.

"I hope your ok Percy." I muttered quietly.

Percy POV

I sighed and walked towards...Tartarus...

Umm sorry? 

I just like ending off with cliffhangers it just makes it really exciting! I know some people would be mad but I will probably post another chapter today in a few hours sooooooo ya! 

Also thanks for commenting , voting and like I've said many times for giving my book a try!

Anyways Cya!