Ruby/Weiss: Getting Sick

Ruby: When You Get Sick

Now you would think that getting help from your girlfriend would be nice when you are sick. Not when her name is Ruby. It is just Ruby tends to be a little dramatic even if her heart is in the right place.

Ruby: (kicks door open) I returned!

Y/N: Ughhh. You didn't.

Nurse: I was told someone was dying.

Ruby: Y/N is dying, from sickness!

The nurse walked up to your bed and took a single look at you.

Nurse: It is nothing serious. I normally say to get rest and stay hydrated given how this will come and go, but given who I assume is your girlfriend due to this I will suggest this.

The nurse then proceeded to write down on a note and gave it to Ruby.

Nurse: Here is some things you could do.

The nurse left, leaving Ruby to look at the note.

Ruby: I'll be right back.

Y/N: (coughs) Not like I can go anywhere.

In a flash Ruby ran off leaving you to think about your life choices that led you to here.

Y/N: At least I don't have diarrhea.

In a blink of an eye Ruby arrives back with a sack full of things.

Ruby: So I got tea kettle from Weiss. Blake helped me pick a book to read to you. Yang
told me about VapoRub. Though she said to tell you to take a shower first and to wear a shirt you'll not want.

Y/N: Is that all?

Ruby: Well I brought a lot of blanket, some pillows, a humidifier, cookies, water-

Y/N: What?

Ruby: I'm not done yet. I don't know how to make you soup so I brought cups of noddles. Ooh, I even brought some movies. Also Zwei.

Zwei: (pops head out of sack) Bark!

Zwei then jumped out and walked out of the room.

Ruby: Scratch that. Zwei is gone now.

Y/N: I doubt the note had all that.

Ruby: Well I took some creative meanings from what she wrote. If you're sick who am I suppose to hang out with?

Y/N: Your team. Then there's JNPR. Then there's that guy with a tail that pops up out of nowhere with a blue hair guy.

Ruby: You mean Sun and Neptune?

Y/N: Yeah, but I heard he's afraid of water. How ironic.

Ruby: Yeah, but it's not the same when a member is missing from the friend group. That and Sun and Neptune aren't like that. They are there and then gone. Really more like acquaintances. Now go take a shower to put the VapoRub while I get everything up and ready.

One shower later and Ruby insisting that she rubs the ointment on your chest as you need to stay in bed. It went as well as you expect as Ruby couldn't look you in the eye while you hoped Yang did not walk in at that second.

After that came the movie marathon with a cup of noodles.

Weiss: When You Get Sick

Walking into your room Weiss facepalm to the sight she was greeted with.

Weiss: You got to be kidding me. To think I thought your sister was the dramatic one.

The sight Weiss was greeted with was that akin to a hospital room compete with an IV bag, a heart rate monitor, and anything else needed.

Opening up your privacy divider Weiss was wondering why you didn't answer. She saw you writing.

Weiss: May I ask what you're writing?

Y/N: My will. Almost... and done! Here.

Weiss: (grabs paper and begins to read it) ...And to Kleine Planze aka Planty I leave to it EVERYTHING?! What?!

Y/N: Planty understands me. It even knows things even you don't know.

Weiss: I'm your girlfriend and you don't even have me in here!

Y/N: Oh right.

Weiss: I don't even think you could even do this and besides you only have a cold.

Y/N: My final hours loom near as I lie here at death's door. BIRDY! I shall finally meet you once more at heaven's gate!

Weiss: First of all who is Birdy? Second, why are you talking like that?

Y/N: A pet bird I used to had. Accidentally hurt it. Only had it for a week before it died. With the second I thought that it would add some flare to it.

Weiss: At this point I'm even questioning if you're even sick to begin with.

Y/N: Oh, I am. For some strange reason all the muffins I've been eating isn't helping me. Ruby says I should eat cookies to feel better but that's just ridiculous.

Weiss: I...I-You. You know what I cannot begin to explain what's wrong with that, so just stay and do nothing. I'll be back.

Y/N: Okay, but on another note could you move the glass of water like one foot closer?

Weiss: Why can't I just hand it to you?

Y/N: Well I couldn't reach the cup so I was connecting a lot of bendy straws together to eventually reach the straws to the water. If I don't use them then it's a waste of straws.

Weiss: Sometimes I think I'm dating a child.

Y/N: I'm Ruby's twin. You knew what you were getting yourself into.

Weiss: Huh. Well you aren't entirely wrong. I'll be right back.

A few minutes passed by before Weiss came back.

Weiss: I brought some cough medicine.

Y/N: If it's cherry flavor I don't want it.

Weiss: (looks at bottle confirming it is) You will take the medicine. It also helps you sleep.

Y/N: On one condition.

Weiss: It depends.

Y/N: Ruby told me you never tried a funnel cake before. When I'm not sick we go get one.

Weiss: Fine, even if I don't understand why Ruby was so shocked about it. I don't know why. I mean it can't be that good, right?

Y/N: You'll see.

Grabbing a spoon Weiss pours the liquid on it.

Weiss: Open your mouth.

Y/N: Ahhh.

Taking in the cherry flavor medicine you force it down.

Weiss: Now when I come back you better be asleep.

Y/N: Yeah. It's not like I can move anyways. If I move too much the heart monitor will change. I'm not sure if it'll make a loud beep.