Chapter Two.

Previously...
"Hmm.." (y/n) thinks about it. 'There's no harm in accompanying him some more I guess..' (y/n) thinks before answering. "I got nothing better to do." She says as she gives a smile to Geralt. The smile threw the Witcher off as he quickly looked forward feeling his face flush ever so slightly at the gesture. He mumbled to himself. "Hm.."

——

    Geralt and (y/n) traveled near the trail and decided to take a rest before moving again till nightfall. (Y/n) didn't disagree as it would be a while before she would be able to get some rest. Geralt secured the reins of Roach between two rocks and went by the stream to collect some plants and herbs for the blizzard potion as well as others for healing. (Y/n) decides its best to sit and sharpen her sword, seeing how it had been a while before she had done so. She goes to a nearby stone and sits as she took out her regular long sword, rather than her silver one, to sharpen first.

    The forest was peaceful and calm compared to the human villages. The fresh sound of the stream, as well as birds chirping, sounded like music to both the Witcher's ears. Especially for (y/n)'s sensitivity to sound, she quite enjoyed the calmness of nature. But this of course was interrupted by a slight sound of small footsteps followed by a twig that snapped. Geralt seemed to have noticed the sound to and he looks in the direction of the sound before seeing Renfri, the female from the bar, come out from behind a tree.

    Renfri notices the Witcher as well as (y/n) sitting on a tree sharpening her sword. Though curious, Renfri directed her attention towards Geralt.

    "The girl this morning, she took you to see Stregobor, didn't she?" Renfri asked Geralt as he was back to picking herbs after she was approached him. From the short distance (y/n) was listening to the conversation as well as continuing to sharpen her sword, glancing up here and there to study the expressions and reactions of both Geralt and Renfri. And after some long silence and Geralt standing up, he spoke.

    "I know who you are, Renfri." Geralt says, his tone under laced with tiredness. And the turns around to meet back to Roach and to store the herbs and plants he had just collected.

    "You know that I want to kill Stregobor, then," Renfri spoke eyes following Geralt. And with Geralt's silence as a response, she commented again. "I used to be a princess. Did he tell you that?" Meanwhile, (y/n) watched as if it were some play performance where tragedies are the main morals in the story. "Until he sent a thug into the woods to kill me." Renfri continues her story.

    "You killed him." Geralt replies walking towards Renfri, keeping it short and consistent.

    "With my mother's brooch," Renfri adds with a look of proudness, making (y/n) glance up for a moment and coming in eye contact with Geralt before she looks away and back to sharpening her weapons. As Geralt went back to picking up more supplies Renfri walks up to Geralt kneeling beside him. Just as she thought Renfri looked to be thinking of what to say she spoke.

    "Stregobor's man raped me..." Renfri says almost in a nonchalant tone. This comment made both Geralt and (y/n) look up from what they were doing. "Robbed me and let me go." She continued to tell her story. (Y/n) started to feel pity for the princess, though not showing it of course. "No more princess." Geralt and (y/n) listened as the streams set a sorrowful ambient sound that seemed to make the moment quiet and long-lasting.

    "I had to survive... I stole rather than starve. I killed rather than be killed." Renfri's tone was calm yet sad and Geralt and (y/n) paid more attention to her story as she continued. "Nohorn and the others saved me. And they'll be by my side at the market as I get my revenge— lilit help me— I will take down anyone in my way." This made Geralt stop and look at her with a concerned look baring on his face. Geralt glances at (y/n), who had been sitting in his peripheral vision, before he glanced back to Renfri who tilted her head and looked back at Geralt. "Unless...Destiny intervenes."