Chapter Three.

Previously...
It had been some sort of spell which put Geralt to sleep. This caused (y/n) to jump back with her companion at guard and (y/n) reaching for her weapon. But before (y/n) could figure out what had happen in the quick moment in time Renfri announced the same words that she said to Geralt and both the canine and the female Witcher seemed to out cold.
"...fuck.." was the last thing (y/n) remembered saying before the darkness consumed her too.

——

"You were in the market. Covered in blood...."
"You say you can't choose, but you had to.... And you'll never know if you were right..."
"Your reward will be a stoning. And you will run.."
"You will try to outrun the girl in the woods, but you cannot..."
"She is your destiny."
"And you will be linked to another with an unforgettable bond.... Stay with her for you and her.. Destiny will always be lingering and you cannot run away from her...protect her and she will protect you. She is destined to you and you to her." Renfri's voice echoed in geralt's dream.

'It's cold..' a young voice was heard in the darkness. (Y/n) had trouble focusing to the lack of light in the space. She was 7 then. The damp metallic and moldy scent of their living quarters were all she knew of now as she tried her best to sleep through another tiresome night. (Y/n) remembered it being exceptionally cold that day, the day that marked the first day of her 7th winter at Kaer Morhen.

They say only one out of three boys survive the mutation. And for girls, well the chances were slim to none. 'Destiny' is what some elder sorcerers would say about her. Unlike other girls who were either given up from their parents due to the lack of support they could give, or being picked up off from the streets and actually get to live under a roof for a change, (y/n) had been there since a new born. It was Vesemir who primarily took care of her, since it was him who picked her off the muddy streets of a crowded major city. So for her, she didn't know much other than Kaer Morhen.

The night got colder and young (y/n) curled herself up even more to preserve the little heat that her body stored. She was frustrated by the lack of sleep that she was getting, knowing that the next day won't be any easier in training as the days before. Maybe because she was the best one out of the group that they were pushing her more, but either way she trained like a mule in the fields, pushing herself far past her limits, in order to survive. Since she turned the age of which she could be able to go through the Witcher trainings, Vesemir was with her less and less until he would be gone for years, out on bounties and ridding the world of monsters day by day. A part of her blamed him for leaving her in the harsh environment. But another part of her wanted to think that Vesemir knew what he was thinking and that it was all to benefit (y/n) in life to come and in becoming a Witcher.

The coldness of the moonlit sky was met by a not so better grey morning. (Y/n) had not gotten much sleep due to fighting her life against the frostbites that nipped at her every time she managed to doze off. She was even more grumpier than ever as a result of this. She didn't have any friends at the school. She didn't bother to make any either seeing many of them didn't make it through the training sometimes. But she hadn't lost faith in making a friend. A friend that she could talk to them about anything. A friend that played with her. A friend who would be there for her. Just, a friend.....

'.....!'

'....(y/...'

'(Y/n) the white haired Witcher is your destiny, you must always be there for him as he will be for you.'