Chapter Five.

Previously...

"Play nice Geralt, though he had his—moments—he was entertaining to be around," (y/n) says as she looked at Geralt.
    "He was annoying," Geralt says knowing (y/n) was looking at him but not looking back because he didn't want (y/n) to know his irritation at (y/n)'s connections with the bard forming.

——

The two journeyed to the said field to find this said devil. After Geralt and the Bard had their —expressive— moment, the bard seemed to have given up. And the two Witchers travelled in peace. While walking towards this open field (y/n) was curious to what it might be. She was riding on the back of Alpine and Geralt on Roach's back.

"Say Geralt... what really do you think it is?" (Y/n) asks the milky white haired Witcher, who was riding beside her rather alert and looking around.

"I don't know..." Geralt responds continuing to look at his surroundings before landing his eyes on (y/n) who had been staring at him all this time. This made (y/n) give a slight tilt of her head. Geralt looks away with the same expressionless expression after acknowledging her head tilt thinking how adorable the small gesture was.

Sooner or later the bard caught up to them. (Y/n) thought it took him long enough but then she thought of how his stamina and energy is different to one of a Witcher so she let the thought slide.

"Reading between the lines and the—gut punches—, chum, I'd say you have got a bit of a... an image problem," the bard says between panting breaths trying to keep up with the Witcher on the horse. The bard was next to Geralt keeping up and (y/n) on her wolf aside the Witcher. "Were I to join you all on this... feat to defeat the devil of Posada—" the bard says waving his hands rather expressively compared to the expressionless Geralt of Rivia. "I could relieve you of that title." Geralt let out a small exhale before looking at (y/n) to which she had been smiling a little and looking with amusement in her eyes. Geralt shook his head slightly and looked back forward regretting ever even asking (y/n) for help, as she was enjoying this so much.

"All the North would be too busy singing the tales of... Geralt of Rivia, the-the White Wolf or-or something... and- and the tales of (y/n) the warrior who saved us all— maybe...?" the bard continued to speak, less confident on what the title would be. (Y/n) hummed softly as the response to the titles. She was taking a liking to them. At least now maybe things could be different whenever she would be known. This was of course a very small hope she had for humanity, and to her it was asking too much of them.

"Butcher is right," Geralt says, (y/n) noticing Geralt's sourness in the comment from before. Geralt didn't like the title but that didn't mean he thought it was wrong. In the eyes of humans it was a reasonable thing to assume. (Y/n) let out a tired sigh as she shook her head gently and looked down at her wolf companion.

"Oh come on Geralt, just let the Bard tag along— it's his choice whether he wants to endanger himself or not— and besides he looks like he could put up a fight just fine," (y/n) says half joking as she eyed the bard clearly up and down. Geralt said nothing as a reply only glared at (y/n) for allowing the bard to join, to which might one add, made (y/n) let out a chuckle she had been holding from the Witcher's reaction.

"Mind if I hop up? I'm not wearing the right footwear," the bard speaks as he puts his hand up to Roach. "Don't touch Roach—" Geralt says immediately without a glance back at the bard with an intimidating tone. To which the bard immediately replies. "Yeah, right, yeah.." trailing off as he pulled away from the horse and the Witcher.