Chapter Eight.

"Pretty sure Foltest is the father," Y/n says breaking the silence as she walked past the two of them who were seemingly having a staring battle. Geralt breaks eye contact and watched Y/n walking past between them and then soon follows her further into the castle. Triss only left dumbfounded by the whole scene that occurred.
    "Hm." Geralt says following Y/n.
———

    They scoured through the castle and stumbled upon a room. Geralt pushes the door open which was surprising seeing as majority of the door was blocked off and or locked. There were some rooms before this one that they searched through but found nothing in particular so they moved on. This room was different. For starters it was Princess Adda's bedroom. The room was disorderly and looked to have gone through hell. The chandelier had fallen, crystals scattered on the ground from the impact, the bed frame had claw marks of the monster that lurked in this castle. The bedsheets were tattered and many items knocked off from walls and shelves. Y/n smelled the room of blood, rust, and faint smells of sweat when she first stepped into the room. As they walked around Triss asked them a question.

    "Do you think he cursed her? Foltest," Triss asks as the three slowly walked around the room. Geralt seemed to have paused and looked around the place slowly and Y/n also knew why this room was more suspicious than others.

    "Maybe..." Geralt finally answers. Y/n continues to look around, Triss and Geralt doing the same. Triss went over to the shelves and opened some pots and tin containers while Geralt walked over to the bed and stared at it. Y/n notices and she walked up to him and stands next to him. Geralt took a long inhale of the spot. She too had noticed it as she found a faint smell of something familiar to her but couldn't quite place her finger on. Geralt and Y/n made eye contact as Geralt saw Y/n had also figured it out. Then all the sudden a music box started to play which startled the living hell out of Y/n. She had a little jump when it started to play and Geralt's attention turned towards the sound. Geralt had noticed the jolt from Y/n and thought only of how adorable it was. But he acted as he saw nothing and only had a small grin on his face before it disappeared when he walked up to Triss. Y/n had turned a light shade of pink from the embarrassment before she clears her throat and walked to join them.

    As Y/n walked to join them Triss had now been pulling and messing around with the music box until she pulled the last lever and the bottom part of the box pops open. They watch as Triss pulls some sort of letter out from the hidden shelf.

    "Letters.." Triss says as she looks up from her crouching position at the Witchers. "They're from Queen Sancia, Foltest and Adda's mother..." Triss says as she looks back to the letter. The room grows quiet as they all read the letter. It seemed to be her mother giving warnings to the relationship between Foltest and Adda. After all they were siblings and a worrying mother wanted whatever going on between them to stop.

——

    They scout the rest of the castle before heading back to confront to Ostrit, the courtier of the king and the man they met previous, of their findings.

    "A Queen Mother cursing her own children for their affair. This could destroy the throne," Ostrit says dropping the letters onto his desk. His voice was calm and yet Y/n heard a hint of his heart rate beginning to rise. But she kept her distance, looking around the office while standing behind Geralt.

    "Sansa wanted Adda to get rid of the child," Geralt starts to say. Triss finishing the sentence for him.

    "It seems she refused. Repeatedly."