Chapter Seven.

Previously...
"There was talk of a pest problem and a Witcher who took their coin and ran," Geralt says as he puts on his armour.
"That's not... that's clearly a lie," (y/n) says knowing that Witchers don't just steal their coin without reasons or even trying.
"That's what we are going to find out," Geralt says. "Hopefully there is coin for us to pay off the room too."
  "Hm," (Y/n) replies finishing up before waiting at the door so that they could leave.

——

    "We will be back with payment in a few days," Geralt says to the innkeeper as they were now outside the inn. "If anything happens to my horse..." Geralt says in a threatening low tone. The innkeeper seems to put up an act of confidence as he looks at Geralt with a slight puff of his chest.

    "You don't scare me," the old man announces almost unfazed by the Witcher's threats.

    Geralt takes a small step towards the innkeeper and the man stumbles back slightly. Geralt then slightly leans over to ask the innkeeper a question in his threatening tone. "Point me to Termeria."

        The innkeeper then vaulters slightly before pointing to the direction of Termeria. (Y/n) sighs and shakes her head softly as she watches Geralt's moves. Though it was simple gesture it held unbelievable power as the innkeeper seemed to shiver at the gesture. (Y/n) put her hood up as she tells Alpine to stay and watch over Roach. She would normally bring her companion but this job felt like something was off. Since the previous Witchermost likely didn't just run away with their coin, she suspected whatever the monster was, it had finished the Witcher's time off. So she didn't want to risk Alpine being in danger like that, no matter how capable she was.

    They walked towards the mining tunnel which led them eventually into the underground tunnel where she and Geralt heard voices. They suspected they were civilians of Termeria, and miners seeing as they were huddles and gathered in the mining tunnels. The two Witchers decided to sit back and hide themselves to observe the scene.

    "Years of attacks by this creature, and the king does nothing," one of the miners say angrily. "We must force his hand. Lay down our picks... and refuse to work!" The miner says as all of them shouts in agreement.

    "And a half-measure ain't gonna do! We've got to move on," one of the dwarves miners shouts. "Plenty of work south of Sodden," he seemed to try and convince them to leave and find work else where. But sudden noise of heavy metal hitting the ground silenced the crowd.

    "My son... rest his soul..." the miner walked towards the circle of the crowd, standing center of them all. "Told me... in Nilfgaard... the king diddled whores while his subjects starved." The crowd had their full attention toward this man and he suddenly points his fist to one of the previous speakers. "Then someone came... the Usurper. And he rallied the people and they took back what was theirs!" He shouts getting the miners riled up now. "I say we follow their lead!!" He angrily shouts to the crowd once again getting them to now all cheer and shout in riot.

    Watching all this prevail Geralt and Y/n shared looks before Geralt comes out from the shadows. Listening to their situation Y/n could only sigh at the human's decisions and actions.

    "You can't kill the vukodlak..." Geralt speaks from behind the crowd getting their attention. Y/n stood behind him looking to the side towards one of the tunnels. "So you decide to kill your king?.... Great plan." Geralt says tone unamused.