Chapter Nine.

Previously...
"Geralt, I'm kidding— don't worry you can't... get rid of me... that easily....." y/n gives a soft laugh trying to assure Geralt and in hopes to calm his panicked state but her strategy failed as her consciousness decides to cut short leaving her to be eaten by darkness and her body relaxing and melting into Geralt's grasp on her.
"Y/n?? Y/n!" Geralt calls as he then runs out to find the sorceress hoping she could help the dying witcheress in his arms.

——

The warm beam of sunlight peaking from the window above y/n woke her up with a gentle gasp. Her eyelids were still heavy from fatigue but she felt like if she stayed in bed for any longer she would be too stiff to move. She didn't know how long she was out for but she knew it was sometime during the day when the sun was high. She let out a hoarse groan as she tried to sit up. Her hand instinctively raised to the wound which seemed to be patched up and healed to a certain extent. The groan from Y/n made Geralt rush over to her. He looked worried and tired as if he hadn't been sleeping. She gave him a weak smile.

"You look like shit," y/n says joking as she tried to lighten the mood up. "I told you didn't I, you can't get rid of me that easily."

Geralt looked at her with a softened expression as he gave a small smile and sighed as he shook his head gently. The sorceress then came in the room to check on her injury. At this point Geralt was told to go and fetch her some water for Y/n to drink. He was persistent on staying but Y/n did want a cup of water so when she told the witcher he hesitantly left to get her a cup.

Y/n had found out that the scarring was reduced greatly but it would still leave a mark from her jaw line to mid neck point as that was where it had been most deepest. It didn't mind y/n too much though as she has many other scars. She thanks Triss as she finished putting ointment on her and then patching her up again. As Triss packed up the equipment she talked to Y/n.

"You know, he cares deeply about you," Triss started to say softly. Y/n tilted her head at the sorceress. "I don't think he got a blink of sleep while you were out— which by the way you have been out for two days."

Y/n only sat there with a hint of blush on her cheeks. She didn't know it but she liked when someone cared for her. She was usually alone and caring for herself so having someone care and worry for her was new. Foreign feelings usually frightened Y/n but this time was different.

"He is definitely a keeper," Triss almost whispered to me as she gave a small wink right as Geralt stepped in with a cup of water. Y/n only had a small smile on her face at the sorceress's comments and shook her head.

"So I keep getting told...." Y/n mumbles under her breath. Geralt walked in and handed her the cup of water with slight confusion as to wondering what they could have been talking about. Y/n takes the cup of water and thanks him as she gulps down the whole cup.

"The princess? Is she safe?" Y/n questioned as she remembered what had happened. She was worried, they did put that much effort after all, so she would be disappointed if their efforts went to waste.

"She is fine, and safe," Geralt says giving y/n the relief she needed.

"I've arranged for her to stay a while with the Sisters of Melitele," Triss added on.

"Wait— the princess is injured—" Y/n states confused and remembering her attacking the princess before she was out.

"She'll heal," Triss says with a warm smile, giving y/n one less thing to stress about now. "And you should know that Foltest issued a statement. The honorable Lord Ostrit gave his life to slay the vukodlak. The miners are gathering ore for a statue." Triss added as she went back to cleaning up her equipment. Y/n falls back in her bed as she groans slightly. She knew that Geralt wanted to help out even without accepting the coins from the miners. She also didn't care about being known for slaying a monster as it was her job and life. So when Triss said this, y/n didn't seem interested.