Chapter Ten.

Dumbfounded herself, she tried to shake it off and just get herself cleaned up. So she headed to the bathroom of another to clean up and change to new pair of clothing.
——

The water was thankfully warm for y/n as she took a step into it. She melted in the tub as soon as she stuck her foot in and relaxed her tensed muscles. She let out a soft sigh as she closed her eyes and leaned her head back on the edge of the tub. The scent of lavender and a hint of gooseberries was mixed into the tub. She washed herself from the blood and mud that was on her and didn't realize that she had a few scrapes here and there until she was in the water. She self-noted to have those patched and cleaned up after her wash. In the tub, she didn't think much of anything. She was fully relaxed and just focusing on getting the mud and blood off. But after a while, her mind started to wander to the bathroom incident just a few minutes ago as well as Geralt himself. She realized on their separate journey on their jobs she had missed him as it had been a few weeks since they last met to go on a job together or even stay together. She also realized she felt somewhat relaxed and protected when she was with him and at the same time she felt she had her own power and was not left feeling powerless and weak next to him. He had a balance in him that was neither diminishing her liberty nor making her feel weak around him. And not to mention his physique— the white hair, height, muscles— but these train of thoughts abruptly ended with y/n blushing like a red tomato and shaking her uncontrolled thoughts away. She then sinks into the water dunking her whole head underwater.

When she got out of the bathroom she was dressed in new clothing: a beige tunic, and black tight pants. She also had the high laced brown leather boots she always wore, a leather corset belt, and arm guards but she hadn't put those on yet so she could be more comfortable— not that they weren't comfortable when she had them on. She walked back to the room that she knew Geralt was staying in and this time she knocked to make sure she could walk in, to avoid past incidents.

Geralt was grumbling as he changed into his 'new' clean outfit. It was clearly not the right fit for him as everything was tight and uncomfortable to move in. Jaskier was outside the bathroom exploring the room when he heard a knock on the door. He quickly goes to open the door.

"Coming!-" he says as he opens the door to find Y/n standing on the other side of it in her normal attire. "Oh y/n! Glad of you to come back!" He exclaims to pull her into a hug which catches her in surprise.

"Oh- uh- hello, bard," she says as she awkwardly hugs back. It wasn't that she didn't remember him from their last encounter— oh she definitely remembered the memorable moments she had with him— he was hard to forget. She was just not very used to very friendly situations as the only friends she had were Alpine and Geralt. So it was quite nice that she got to have this new— weird— friendship forming. Though she didn't know if it was a good thing to be friends with this problematic bard.

"Oh you must come with us to a party!" Jaskier says pulling out from the hug and holding y/n by the shoulders with a bright smile on his face. "The more the merrier!" He exclaimed before walking back into the room allowing for the door to close.

"A party?" Y/n questioned stepping into the room and watching the door close. She scanned the room once, out of habit, and made an assumption that Geralt was probably still in the bathroom and changing.

"Yes Geralt is coming because he is a very good friend and agreed to accompany me-" the bard says with a grin which made y/n raise an eyebrow as she doubted that was why he was going.

"You pissed off the lords going to this party, didn't you? And you need Geralt to go and act as a bodyguard and he is only going because... let me guess the song right? You made him famous," y/n says deducting and taking an educated guess on the spot. And guessing from the bard's reaction y/n seemed to be right.