6

When he saw a rabbit, he pounced and caught it easily. He went back to Great pine to see how much time he had left. He had plenty of time so he went back to hunting. When he returned to camp, he had caught a rabbit, a vole, and a small robin. He had brought the food back to camp and placed it in the fresh-kill pile along with the other catches. He got a finch and went to the warrior's den. He ate the finch hungrily. He was starving after all that hunting. When he was full, he went to the medicine den to see if Meadowshade was there. He was, but he was asleep. Cloudvine was sitting by him, she looked worried like something bad had happened. Pumpkinpaw went to sit by her brother"Is- Is something wrong Cloudvine? Is Meadowshade alright?" asked Blueheart. "Blueheart, Meadowshade went out to the creek and fell into the water, and he nearly drowned. If he didn't scream, he would have died." Cloudvine said sharply. It was clear that she was very upset. He knew that he should've stayed with Meadowshade. Yet, the fresh-kill pile was slowly declining, and leaf-bare was getting closer. Blueheart sadly walked to his den. He was upset that Meadowshade nearly drowned. To cheer himself up, he went to see Oakfeather's kits. She was asleep while her kits were nursing. He saw that one was a calico tabby (Lightkit), another one was a brown she with a white circle around her eye and the tip of her tail (Robinkit). The last one was the runt of the litter, a small blue and grey tabby tom. (Jaykit)