12

"Blueheart. Or, as he's known now, Coldscar." Replied Pumpkinpelt sadly. She missed her brother. He was a kind, light-hearted tom, with soft blue-black fur, and was the polar opposite of what he is now... a cold, angry, stern cat with worn black and grey fur.

She could see the sadness in Meadowshade's eyes. She offered to use her connection to StarClan to take them into Coldscar's dream. Meadowshade eagerly nodded. One flick of the tail later and they were staring straight into Coldscar's eyes.

"Meadowshade! Are you alright? Are you-" Coldscar asked.

Meadowshade cut him off with a flick of the tail and said "Pumpkinpelt told me. Everything. I just have one question. Why?"

Coldscar sighed and told him, "When you died, I- I felt an uncontrollable rage.. I wanted to kill. I wanted to avenge you. You were the reason I'm happy. I was bloodthirsty. I wanted.. To watch them suffer. I was angry and took it out on them. So, I killed all the other cats that were part of the group that killed you and a good fraction of our clan cats too. That's when I realized what I have done and how wrong it was. I only noticed that I did something wrong when... Pumpkinpelt shouted. 'I HATE YOU!' I... she- she's my sister. I never wanted her to hate me. Everyone turned against me. It- It felt like it wasn't me who did it. But I knew it was. It was me. It was my fault. I'm the reason our clan is losing warriors. I- I'm sorry Meadowshade.." Coldscar explained.

"Hm," Meadowshade said, flicking his tail. "You know, us in Starclan have heard of a Dark Forest cat looking for a host. He tries them out, makes them do bloody things, then decides. His name is Duskmoon. Sound familiar?"

Pumpkinpelt and Coldscar gasped. "That-that's the deputy I replaced!" Coldscar stated. Pumpkinpelt was shocked. The deputy of Mountainclan, driving Coldscar insane? No no no, it can't be true. It can't be. Can it?

Back at the creek, Meadowshade and Pumpkinpelt were standing there, knowing what happened to Coldscar but not saying a word.