10

He followed them to the Elders' den. Then Pumpkinpelt went in and came out leading a blind and clawed up elder, talking soothingly to him.

"Who is this cat? Why do I need to see him?" asked Coldscar.

"This is Brokenlight. He is the only survivor of your attack. He is blind, and has short-term memory loss and PTSD from it."

His head drooped in remorse. He knew his attack caused damage, but he didn't know it caused this much.

"Brokenlight... I- I'm so sorry!" cried Coldscar. He didn't want to attack the clan, he wanted to have the clan live in peace. He wished he had never done this. He never wanted to kill people.

"Who- Who are you?" asked the blind elder. He of course didn't remember him, as he had short term memory.

"You know that just an apology won't do anything, Blueheart." said Oakstar.

"It's Coldscar now," stated Coldscar "I changed my name ever since the disaster." Coldscar was still upset. He wondered why he did that to the poor cats. It somehow felt like it wasn't his fault. Though, he was fully aware that it was.

After he was finished socializing with Brokenlight, he slipped away from the group, who were leading Brokenlight back into the elders' den. He decided to wait for Pumpkinpelt in the medicine den.

When Pumpkinpelt entered the den, she found Coldscar and a cat he didn't know (though she knew very well)arguing.

"Break it up, break it up!" she said.

The cat he was arguing with, a rather large soft grey she, turned and mock-straight-faced. "Yes, Pumpkinpelt."

Pumpkinpelt laughed. "Thanks, Thrushfur. I mean, you are my mate after all."

"Wait wait wait... You are dating... her...?" Coldscar said, confused. He never knew that his sister was dating a girl! "I mean, I'm not grossed out, I'm bisexual myself."

She looked at him quizzically, then threw back her head and laughed. "It was Meadowshade, wasn't it! That's how you found out you were bi!"