𝘼 𝙃𝙚𝙖𝙧𝙩𝙬𝙖𝙧𝙢𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙍𝙚𝙪𝙣𝙞𝙤𝙣 │1.5

──────── ▫ ■ ◩「◆」◪ ■ ▫ ────────

Departing from your house with the ever-so vigilant Isaiah in tow, your body felt heavy. Every step you take on the pristine cobblestone path felt like you were wading through quicksand. You were confused on why you felt so anxious. You were about to see your parents and you got Connor out of your hair. That should be a win-win, but you felt rather bitter.

Perhaps, it was just your instincts flaring up as they do. Or, perhaps it was because of all the unanswered questions that still bounced around in your mind. You chalked it up to them both being the reason why you felt so... off. The feeling only increased as you got closer to the cleric's.

It wasn't long until your walk in silence was over. The cleric's place was a substantially large villager house. Well, Minecraftia was originally a peaceful village after all, inhabited by only testificates. Isaiah kept silent as you stop and stare. The cleric's place was overgrown, but overgrown on purpose. Whoever added all the greenery knew how to landscape. It gave the plain testificate house a whole lot of personality. There was something odd though. Peering around to the right side, you noticed that the cleric's place had been expanded. What was once a L-shaped house became T-shaped.

"Did they expand it because so many people got hurt?" You muttered, a quizzical look upon your face.

"Everyone was at the town square yesterday." Isaiah pointed out.

Almost everyone, you corrected, biting your lip. Would you be laying injured in the cleric's place if you had stayed? You shook your head. It was no use thinking about the 'what-if's.' You aimed to live freely. Regrets would only hold you back.

You gingerly stepped inside, hoping to not draw attention to yourself. You couldn't quester the shock that you felt and showed upon seeing just the amount of people who were injured. Some you recognized, most you didn't.

I-I covered for the guy who did all of this? You wanted to throw up. Your chest tightened at watching testificates rush across the room with towels and bowls of water. (Name), remember. Someone might have set him up to do this. He didn't know that the fire charges were in there. He didn't mean to, you told yourself. This notion of there being a saboteur who framed Connor was the only thing that was keeping you from breaking down. That there was more to this... attack.

"(Name)." You felt a hand on your shoulder. It was Isaiah.

You nodded gratefully for his reality check. You calmed down a bit, but that didn't mean your worries were erased.

Isaiah frowned and looked at the hand that he put on your shoulder. Here you were scared and anxious out of your mind because he hadn't captured the culprit, he believed. He watched you step in further, scanning for your parents. Isaiah balled up his fists, thinking vengeful thoughts about a certain runaway. An insurmountable guilt trembled in the male's bones. He failed to serve his purpose and it hurt. It hurt more than it should when it came to you. He gave you protection and you gave him knowledge. It sounds extreme, but you made him feel more than just a guard who was supposed to just serve and protect. That, he too, was human.

"Are you hurt?" A voice piped up next to you.

You turn to your left to see a young woman with pale skin and purple eyes. Her medium-length black hair was in a loose side braid with two long fringes that framed the sides of her face. The peculiar woman was wearing plain neutral-colored clothing, donning an apron that had many, many pockets for who knows what.