Epilogue

Harry was patient with him whenever he had one of his moments of panic and wanted to run the other way. With time they decreased. He could be in a loving, committed relationship without expecting the worse. His therapist helped him too and finally he stopped seeing her after thanking her for helping him through his grief process.

Liam, Zayn, and Niall were happy for him and Harry and their biggest supporter. Next to his mum and the rest of the family (and Harry's family too).

Louis was happy again, happier than he had ever been. It made him feel guilty sometimes for Ethan's sake. They had a good relationship but with Harry it was different. It was great. The last thing his therapist did was to assure him that it was okay to love Harry more than he had loved Ethan. He would never know that even if he wished that Ethan hadn't died.

Harry let him decide the pace of their relationship which he was grateful for. He was the one who said I love you first and he was the one who asked if they would move in together.

But Harry, he was the one that proposed, a year after their first kiss. They had just returned to London after celebrating Christmas with both their families, driving between them. Louis stepped into their living room and gasped in surprise. There were hundreds of daffodils in the room. He turned around to face Harry just to find him on one knee with a ring box in his hands. He said yes before Harry had the chance to pop the question.
"Hey, I had prepared a whole speech." Harry pouted but then he smiled, showing off both dimples.

Louis threw himself in his arms and they fell to the floor laughing. Later that night Harry told him everything he loved about him and Louis kissed him tenderly and told him all the things he loved about him as well.

They had a short engagement. Louis didn't want anything to happen to his loved one before he could walk down the aisle with him. They had a spring wedding and their family and friends witness them saying "I do" to each other.

Louis sent Ethan a thought. He missed him but he was happy again. He loved again. Life went on and it would be a great one with Harry by his side.

The End