03: Mr. Chef

We went home at exactly 4pm. "What do you want for dinner?" he asked.

"Kahit ano." I said and run to my room. "Slow down, Kath." but I didn't slowed down.

I immediately open my room and lock the door. Naghabol ako ng hininga pagkatapos. My heart was beating fast but... not as fast as earlier. When kuya and I were together on the rooftop.

The hell! Is this even normal?

I shook my head. Maybe I'm just tired or something. O 'di kaya bumalik ang hika ko. Pero, 'wag naman sana Lord. I walk to my bed and lay down. 'Saktong pagkahiga ko ay tumunog ang cell phone ko. Someone's calling.

I took my phone from my school uniform's pocket. It's James.

I answered the call. "Hello?"

"Hello dear cousin. How are you?" he asked.

"Eto buhay." I said without humor. He laughed. "Of course you are. Keir won't allowed you to die." I rolled my eyes.

"By the way, don't you miss your most handsome cousin?" he asked.

"No." I said. "Ouch." he acted hurt. Pero I just rolled my eyes. "Why did you call?" I asked him.

"What do you want as pasalubong?" my eyes widen.

"You're going home?" gulat kong tanong.

"Yep" he said while popping the letter 'p'.

I can't believe it. After 8 years, he's finally going home!

"So what do you want as pasalubong?" he asked again.

"Surprise me." I said. Feeling excited.

"If that's what you want. Anyway, tell Keir I called and said 'I love you' to you. I'm sure he'll panick." kumunot ang noo ko sa sinabi niya.

"And why would I do that?" I asked.

"Just because. Bye dear cousin, bubbles. See you soon." then he end the call.

I put my phone beside me. Then my mind started to think of random things. Like school and stuffs, mom and dad then kuya.

How my heart beats faster than normal when I felt him behind me. Was it even normal? I'm sure it was.

I sigh and stood up. Pumunta ako sa closet at humanap ng maiisusuot. I settled for a shirt that kuya gave me last Christmas. It was one of his gifts for me. It was a simple black shirt, oversized one. It was near my knees. I paired it with a dolphin short. I just messy bun my hair.

I wore my glass and took my phone from my bed and went out. I want some snacks so I went to the kitchen where I find kuya wearing an apron while cooking something. Pamilyar ang amoy pero nakalimutan ko. I went near him. It was turon?

"Sit. Malapit na 'to." I nod even if kuya can't see.

Kuya was too busy to even turn his gaze on me. I smiled. He was focusing. Kuya is really serious about when it comes to cooking. He loves cooking since he was just 8 and I was 6 that time.

Kuya is too matured for his age. I can still remember the first food he cooked when he was 8 and that was pasta. He learned it from watching YouTube. He asked me if I'm hungry because I was crying. Then I nod. He went to the kitchen and then he cooked.

It wasn't perfect yet the best pasta ever!

Mom and dad went home late that night and they were shocked when they found kuya and I eating. It was too much for the two of us because he cooked a one kilo.

Mom was worried but proud of kuya and so was dad. And I wasn't the only one who loved it. Mom and dad loved it as well. It was our dinner that night.

"Here." ngayon ko lang namalayan na tapos na pala siya. Agad na napapikit ako sa sarap ng amoy.

"Wait for minute before eating. It's still hot." he said then went to the refrigerator for a drink. It was Del Monte pineapple juice. Inilapag niya iyon kasama ang dalawang baso.

Feeling ko anytime tutulo na ang laway ko kaya 'di ko na inantay ang isang minuto. I immediately took one and take a bite. Agad akong nagsisisi dahil sobrang init pa. Kuya immediately grabbed the turon from my hand and held my chin.

"Let me see." my heart beats faster than normal for the nth time, again while I was staring at his eyes. His black mesmerizing eyes. Wait-what?!

Agad akong umatras ng maisip ko 'yun. Kuya's face was confused but I gave him a smile. "I'm okey na." I said.

He just 'tsked'. "'Wag kang magmadali. Sa'yo naman lahat 'yan." I nod.

I waited for a minute. At 'yun na yata ang pinakamatagal na minuto ng buong buhay ko. For the first time ever, 'yun ang pinaka awkward na nangyari buong buhay ko.

Why was it even awkward? Ako lang yata ang nag iisip nun.

"Mom called." he said. I just nod because wala naman akong dapat sabihin. "She said; James will be home next month." I just nod again.

"He called you?" I nod again. He sigh. "What did he said?"

Umiling lang ako. I don't want to tell him what James told me. Gusto lang nun asarin si kuya.

"Eat now. I'll just go upstairs." I nod. Kuya went upstairs and I let out a breathe. Gosh! That awkward moment leave me breathless as well.

I took one turon and started eating. Agad na napapikit ako at napaungol sa sarap. Gosh! The best talaga si kuya!

I finish all of the turon and drink the pineapple juice then I burp. Hinimas ko ang tiyan ko. "I'm so full."

Tumayo ako at hinugasan ang pinagkainan ko. After cleaning some stuffs, I went to the pool outside our house. I sit on the reclining seat and roam my eyes around. All I can see is green.

Mom's garden. I sigh when I felt sad. I miss mom and dad. They're both busy because of business. I'm just happy because mom and dad are together. Hindi sila mapaghiwalay. Parang kami ni kuya-ay teka! Ba't nasali si kuya?

Argh! Ewan! Siguro, sa sobrang busog lang 'to. Tama. 'Yun lang 'yun.

Tinanggal ko ang salamin ko at kinuha ang phone ko sa mini table na nasa tabi ko. I went to the Spotify to listen to some of my favorite song.

I choose Selena Gomez's song "Cologne". One of my favorite song of her.

"In my room from the ceiling to the floor
My body knows that you've been here before

Every second her without you I pretend we're skin to skin

Every single breath reminds me that you never ever left

Everytime I think about you I can feel my heart give in

'Cause you're keeping me safe and warm

Even when I'm all alone
Wearing nothing but your cologne"

Before I can stop myself, I fell asleep.

-
A/N: Short update.

Song: Cologne
Singer: Selena Gomez