Can I Trust Him? "Chapter 5"

Edward's View

As this person I had never met before and I headed to what I hope is his room and not a place with a bunch of crew members I finally got to see the Titanic from the inside. I haven't gotten a chance to look at it yet so I was pretty shocked by how nice it looked."Isn't it nice?" George asked."Yeah" I replied. As we went up the stairs I noticed there was an elevator. I bet he wasn't even supposed to be down here so that's why he was avoiding any one who he saw walking on the ship and took the stairs. As the grand staircase came into view, my jaw dropped.

"It's pretty great isn't it" George whispered.

"Yeah," I whispered back again. "It's amazing."

We walked up the staircase and into a first class passenger room. It was huge. I didn't think a ship would have a room this big. George showed me to the other mini rooms inside the room. I was thrilled to know that I got my own bed to sleep in. I haven't slept in a bed in years. Normally I would just sleep on the ground anywhere that was warmer and dry. I changed into the pajamas that he told me I could wear. We stopped by one of the bathrooms on the way here so I was ready to go to sleep. Almost as soon as my head hit the pillow I was out. I woke up after the sun was up. I wasn't completely sure what time it was so I decided to stick my head out the door. As I stuck out my head I saw an adult. It was an old lady. Was I going to get in trouble? I was freaking out. The old lady stepped into my room.

"Hello there," she said, "My name is Mrs. Mary but you can call me Mary. My grandson explained why you were here and I'm sure we can help you as long as you don't do anything to stupid. If we're going to be completely honest I'm hoping you two will become friends. Any kind of friend at this point could help him out a lot. Since he doesn't normally hang out with kids his age this could be really helpful. I also can't say no to a kid that needs help, especially when he needs to find family. Now get dressed, eat breakfast and go have fun."

"Thank you Mary" I said before sighing in the relief that I was still safe

I got out of bed and looked at the clothing he gave me last night to wear today. My hat and scarf were right next to it. I never touched something so expensive looking. It was a black tuxedo with a white tie. I had to get George to show me how to put on the tie. We went into the first class dining room to eat breakfast. Thanks to George's clothing I fit right in. After we ate, we decided to explore the ship. The first thing we visited was the gym. He said that he went here earlier yesterday and tried to use one of the machines but he thinks he broke it.

"That makes sense seeing that it's not here today" I teased.

Next we went to the pool.

"I want to go here and swim with you at some point," George said.

"I will have to pass this opportunity," I said.

"Why?" he asked, "I have a second swimsuit so you wouldn't have to worry about that if that's what you're worried about. Is it?"

"That's not what I'm worried about, you see I can't swim and I don't really want to learn how to on this trip. Sorry for being a bother" I said.

"It's fine, I have a swimming pool at home so we don't have to come back if you don't want to. Also you're not a bother" George said to me with a very serious look on his face.

"Okay, Okay" I said.

After that we decided to go to the decks and try to see if we can spot jumping fish in the water below. We were at that for about 10 minutes. We created a game out of it and I won spotting 17 fish while he only spotted 15 fish.

"Hey, I have an idea on what to do next, that is if you're interested" George said with a smug look on his face.

"Keep talking" I said curiously.