Chapter 32

The time lapse had no effect on Rowan's ability to sift them to the boutique she'd seen in Tearlach's mind only ten minutes before. He'd envisioned the storage room, where no humans would see them appear.

As they exited the storage room and entered the main store a tall, lean, elegant woman standing behind the counter noticed them immediately and moved in their direction. "Come with me.." were the only words she uttered before she disappeared behind a sheer pink curtain. Tearlach grabbed Rowan's hand as he followed Tahnee to the back of the store, away from the other customers.

In greeting, Tahnee reached out to them both, embracing them. "Tearlach. And you must be Rowan?"

"Yes. Nice to meet you Tahnee. Listen, I don't have any way to pay you for this tonight. I mean I haven't even figured out that whole thing." Rowan felt like a person who just forgot they had something imperative to take care of. She started thinking about her house, the bills piling up, her job, and Ian. Surely he must be looking for her now? After that last night at her door...

"You're sweet dear. But, it's not necessary. Thanks for all you're doing for Lileas. Whatever you need, take, and come back as often as you need. Could you just leave me a note or something, just so I know you were here in case anything happens?"

"Of course. Thank you, Tahnee, you're very kind." Rowan started looking around Tahnee's boutique. It was a very classy, upscale establishment for affluent clientele, which made her feel extremely uncomfortable. "I don't really know what I need. Where are we going?" She looked to Tearlach.

"Branigan said Cloak and Dagger is a pretty tame bar. Tahnee, she's gonna need something upscale, attractive, but not too attractive. We don't want any focus on her, not yet anyway."

Tahnee nodded in Rowan's direction, "I'd definitely pin that hair up then. Can't help but notice that." She immediately threw some clips, necklaces, bracelets, earrings and other random accessories into a medium sized purse. Grabbing an oversized shoulder bag she began filling it with ladies' undergarments and clothing. She moved closer to Rowan, "Let me see, you look like you're about an 8, and about 5'6?".

Rowan smiled, "8 in the waist, 10 in the hips...makes buying pants a bit of a challenge."

"Yes, well, a shapely figure is preferrable to a stick figure. Ask any lore man." Tahnee continued haphazardly throwing clothing into a bag. "Shoe size?"

Shit. Embarrassing! Her feet were huge, "9". She watched as Tahnee disappeared to the back, returning only five minutes later with a bag that was overflowing.

"Thank you, Tahnee." Tearlach kissed her cheek.

"Take care of her Tearlach, teach her well tonight. Rowan, you should wear this tonight and don't leave his side." Tahnee tossed an oversized, incredibly beautiful emerald green purse to her, full of goodies.

Rowan couldn't help it, she leaned into Tahnee for a hug. "Your lycan family has been better to me than, well, anybody ever has."

"That's sad dear, but we will always take care of our own, Rowan. Remember that." Tahnee smiled, she just hoped Rowan didn't get Tearlach killed tonight. She was absolutely gorgeous and sooner or later he would be challenged because she was not his mate. Anyone who was paying attention would see that.

Rowan smiled, how could she ever forget that? Nobody forgets a kindness.

"Alright, then. I think we're ready to get back." Tearlach exchanged a look with Tahnee.

Watching the exchange between Tearlach and Tahnee an image of an iceberg came to Rowan's mind. There was a glimmer of something above the surface, but below the surface was something else...something of unknown size and depth. And everyone knew what it was except her.